Birth Certificate HELP!!!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mikesantorosr
Rookie
Rookie

Birth Certificate HELP!!!!

Post by mikesantorosr »

Hello,

I have been working on my families genealogy for my grandmother. I found the certificates for my great grandfather Michele and his twin brother Marco. I also found his older Brother Andrew. I was hoping to find additional information about their parents. I know their father was Vito but, do not know the maiden name for his wife. My grandmother believed it was Josephine. However, I'm having trouble reading the handwriting on both documents. Can anyone please tell me the name of the mother listed on both (they appear different). I sincerely appreciate any help anyone can provide me.

Marybeth Santoro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Birth Certificate HELP!!!!

Post by Italysearcher »

The mother's name is the same on all the records. Giovannina Chiaviarelli or similar. Look for their marriage, it might be clearer on that document.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The mother's name seems to be Giovannina Chiaravalle.
mikesantorosr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikesantorosr »

Could Josephine be a nickname for Giovannina? Does it say how old she might be? I believe he was the Andrew was the first child born it could help me estimate a wedding date.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The age is not recorded.
Josephine is the equivalent of Giuseppina.
Giovannina is derived from Giovanna = Joan
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1890 Oct 9th Marriage of Vito Santoro age 22 farmer son of Andrea Santoro and Mariantonia Colangelo married to Giovannina Chiaravalle age 18 parents unknown GENITORI IGNOTO
click for record click to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mikesantorosr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikesantorosr »

Oh my goodness thank you so much Adelfio. I have been searching through the records all morning. Thank YOU!!!!
mikesantorosr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikesantorosr »

Adelfio,

Do you think she could be an orphan than? Or is that common a common phrase on documents?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Look for the marriage publication for 1890 it might say
Here is something else I found
Father of Vito Santoro/ Andrea Santoro death record
1882 June 16 death of Andrea Santoro age 46 (birth abt 1836) son of deceased Vito Santoro and deceased Domenica Di Motta wife of Mariantonia Colangelo
Click for record click to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mikesantorosr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikesantorosr »

Can you understand how he died? I have my dictionary out, but I'm still struggling with the hand writing.
mikesantorosr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikesantorosr »

Also,

I found that marriage publication if you have the time I would love some help figuring out any information about Giovannia and her parents.

Thanks,

Marybeth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

mikesantorosr wrote:Can you understand how he died? I have my dictionary out, but I'm still struggling with the hand writing.
No cause of death usually the cause of death usually not on italian death records. Just says he died in a house in Avigilano location contrada Luperio ???

Marty

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

adelfio wrote:1890 Oct 9th Marriage of Vito Santoro age 22 farmer son of Andrea Santoro and Mariantonia Colangelo married to Giovannina Chiaravalle age 18 parents unknown GENITORI IGNOTO

Marty
mikesantorosr wrote: Do you think she could be an orphan than? Or is that common a common phrase on documents?
As Marty said, "Genitori Ignoti" means "Unknown Parents", therefore Giovannina was an abandoned child...
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Here is the death record of Mariantonia Colangelo wife of Andrea Santoro
Potenza > Avigliano > Atti di Morte > 1892 11th of May death of Mariantonia Colangelo age 54 farmer daughter of Giacomo Colangelo and Margerita Giordano widow of Andrea Santoro
Present at the death
Vito Santoro age 24
Donato Antonio Santoro age 26

You have info now you can go back through the records of Avigilano and find other family members

Marty

Marty