Crolla family - Manchester to Scotland

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
annypanny

Crolla family - Manchester to Scotland

Post by annypanny »

I have hit a brick wall and could do with some help. The family begins with Alice Crolla b. 1921 Glasgow, her parents were Joseph Crolla and Annie McNaught and her Grandparents were Michael Crolla and Dominica Verrecchia. I have found them in the 1891 census in England but cannot find them anywhere in the 1901. This line of the Crollas are now in Scotland but I checked and they do not link in to the Valvona and Crolla family at all. It looks as though they came to Manchester and then when Michael died, Domenica came to Scotland with her son Joseph but cannot find a birth under Giuseppe or Joseph (his birth and marriage indicate he was born c1892) and according to the 1911 Scottish census he was born in England. Michaek and his first wife (Rosa) also had two girls in the 1891 census Mary and Rosa. I also found a death of a Dominico (son of Michael and his first wife Rosa Celini) living in Glasgow close to where my Crolla family lived. What I need to know is - where did Michael Crolla die and when and where was Joseph born and when and where did they go on the 1901 census!!! I've tried every possible spelling on Ancestry but no luck.....Would appreciate help.

thanks anne