Strigaro & Raffa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hazellady

Strigaro & Raffa

Post by hazellady »

My g-g-grandmother was Marie-Adrianna STRIGARO (or STRIGARI), born about 1854-55 in Italy, the daughter of Giovanni STRIGARO and Antonia RAFFA. She married first, about 1872, Francesco GARONE, and had at least two children, Giovanni GARONE, born between 1872-77, and Luigina GARONE, born March 1882. Their last residence before they immigrated 13 Sept 1892 for America was a town called "Saccurelle" ( I believe this is a phonetic version of Zuccarello?), Savona Province, Italy. Marie-Adrianna came to the US with her two children - no husband with her. Did Francesco GARONE die in Italy 1882-1892?

Their surnames tell me they most likely came from Northern italy, possibly the regions of Luguria or Lombardy. Would it be possible to find a marriage record for Marie-Adrianna & Francesco, or her parents Giovanni & Antonia?
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Strigaro & Raffa

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the website. You can try the Archivio di Stato di Savona they have marriage banns from 1866-1935 for towns in the province of Savona
email address
E-Mail: as-sv@beniculturali.it
Email message
ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI SAVONA
Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da Zuccarello,SAVONA . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
Potreste cercare l’atto di pubblicazioni di matrimonio di queste persone nei vostri registri dal 1870 fino al 1875?
Nome e cognome del marito: Francesco Garone
Nome e cognome della moglie: Marie Adrianna Strigano/Strigari
Data di matrimonio: circa 1870 fino al 1875
Luogo di matrimonio: Zuccarello,Savona
Vi prego di informarmi se sia possibile ottenere delle fotocopie dei vostri registri.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
YOUR NAME EMAIL ADDRESS AND PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty