Need Help Translating Marriage Certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Josie07M11
Veteran
Veteran

Need Help Translating Marriage Certificate

Post by Josie07M11 »

I found this marriage certificate for my great grandfather Paolo Sulfaro and great grandmother Gaetana Sterrantino on FamilySearch. (There are two documents on this image, the one I'm referring to is on the right) I was able to translate most of the document. Except for the final paragraph that is all handwritten and not very clear. I'd love any help in trying to decipher what was written. Thanks!

Josie

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/cn3v5
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Need Help Translating Marriage Certificate

Post by liviomoreno »

Final, handwritten paragraph:

The document that was presentetd to me is the certificate of the banns posted by this office on July 19 and 16. Also appeared Pasquale Sterratino, the bride's father who declares to give his consensus to this marriage.
This act was read to the intervened and was signed only by me and the witnesses since the couple and the father of the bride are illitterate.
justinfrombklyn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by justinfrombklyn »

hi josie heres the translation

in the year 1908 9th day of august at 11:15 in the town of giardini

before me gaetano cacciola acting mayor

appeared paolo sulfaro-single age 25 occupation bracciale-farmer-peasant, who was born in the city of messina but resides in giardini son of the late giuseppe who resided in giardini and the late giuseppa sulfaro also resided in giardini

for the bride

gaetana sterrantino -single, age 20, born in giardini daughter of the living pasquale and the living pancrazia cundari

the witnesses are nicolo muscolino age 49 and carmelo pagano-age 50

justin
Justin
Josie07M11
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Josie07M11 »

That's really helpful. Thanks to both of you. I could never have been able to decipher that. You're very talented.