relatives names

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mfo1947

relatives names

Post by mfo1947 »

I know my grandfathers's parents names were Michealangelo and Porzia Laterza. His name is Anthony Laterza born 1890 May in Pomarico ,but I would like to know Porzia's surname before she was married. Also any relative's names on the Laterza or faternal great grandmother's side.

Also I have relatives from faeto foggia-Valentino ,Zullo ,Agrista and Pavia how do I find relative past great grandparents there.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: relatives names

Post by johnnyonthespot »

You can write to Pomarico and request copies of your great-grandparent's birth, marriage, and death certificates.

Or, research the microfilms available for viewing at your local Family History Center (there are many posts here on this subject - search "fhl" or "fhc").
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

If this is your Anthony LaTerza, you can request his Social Security Application. Listed there will be his parents' names, and his place of birth. Mother should be listed with maiden name...

Social Security Death Index
about Anthony Laterza
Name: Anthony Laterza
SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx
Last Residence: 60651 Chicago, Cook, Illinois, United States of America
Born: 28 May 1890
Died: Jan 1971
State (Year) SSN issued: Illinois (1951-1952)

If you don't have SS# that I've crossed out. Search the SSDI here.
http://www.genealogybank.com/gbnk/ssdi/

To request SS application
http://genealogy.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi= ... t/main.jsp

T.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

My impression was that Porzia was his great-grandmother and that she was born, lived, and died in Italy.

Perhaps I am reading too much into a few sentences.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Carmine...

Wow, you read that post quickly... 8O
When I looked it over after posting it, I realized my error... :oops: so I deleted it.

Offered the SS application suggestion for finding Porzia's surname...

T.
evalentine

Post by evalentine »

My name is Valentine/Valentino. I know a good many of my family settled in Chicago from Fiaeto Foggia.

I'm dying to find out if we are somehow related. My Gradnfather was Fidel aka Fred and settled in Columbus, Ohio. I know his brothers ran a grocery in Chicago.

Let me know if any of this rings a bell.
mfo1947

Post by mfo1947 »

Yes it does, I remember hearing my grandfather had a brother Nickolas who changed his name to Fred Valentine and moved to Ohio. I think his wifes name was Mary. Let me know because I know their parents names. :wink:
evalentine

Post by evalentine »

Thanks for the reply. My grandfathers middle name was Nick. His wifes name was Lucia ( Lucy) Benedetto. Both were from Faeto, Foggia.
I think my grandfather's brother's names were Leonard ( Leonardo) and Daniel. I'm not 100% certain.
mfo1947

Post by mfo1947 »

I am not positive my grandfathers's brother's wife name was Mary. My grandfathers's name was Leonard he was born in 1883 and he owned a produce store here in Chicago. His father's name was Anthony Valentino and mother's name was Elizabeth Agristi. He had a brother James born in 1897 who was in Real Estate here and I think Nicholas was born in 1913. My grandmother's name was Albina Zullo. My father also was born in faeto in 1909.
I had the chance to visit faeto this summer. Where do you live? I think we might be related don't you.
evalentine

Post by evalentine »

Yes indeed, it sounds like we may be related.
I had an uncle name Anthony Valentino, quite possibly name after the Anthony Valentino that you mentioned. (my grandfather's father) That would make sense. My uncle Tony was the oldest son and my granfather would have name him after his father. I am the oldest son and I was name after my father.
I'm almost certain that James and Leonard were my grandfathers brothers.
I grew up with Agristi's. They were close family friends.
I live in Ohio. I teach at The Ohio State University in The Department of Art. My son lives in Chicago and is going to be married there in May.
I spent a couple weeks in Italy in 2009. My grandfather arrived on Ellis Island on April 21, 1909. I was born on April 21 so I saw some poetic justice in my going to Italy 100 years after his arrival. I never made it to Foggia.
mfo1947

Post by mfo1947 »

My father had four brother's Emil, Emanuele , Nicholas, and george are any of these names in your family tree.
mfo1947

Post by mfo1947 »

Several months ago I sent you a message about Fred Valentine I am 99% sure we are related. I saw a post on ancestry from a Dawn Lee in Ohio is she related to you. Please verify this . and get back to me