in search of Rabbiotti/Rabaiotti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suziecutie

in search of Rabbiotti/Rabaiotti

Post by suziecutie »

I recently discovered that my great grandmothers family were from Grezzo,near Bardi. I really appreciate any help in tracing info on her family. Although she was born in London her father Antonio i believe he and his brother Luigi were born in Grezzo, migrating to Holborn, London in the early 1800s.
sue
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: in search of Rabbiotti/Rabaiotti

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Grezzo is a frazione (suburb) of the comune (town) of Bardi province Parma and all the civil records are kept at the comune level for the fraziones
There are both civil records and church records of Bardi at your Family History Library Bardi (Parma), 1806-1910 Births, marriages, deaths, citizenship records, marriage documents, ten-year indexes and the church records Chiesa cattolica. San Giovanni Battista/Beata Maria Vergine Immacolata (Bardi) 1580-1945
With some researching you could find alot of info on your family from Grezzo
Family History Locator
https://www.familysearch.org/locations
Ordering Films from Family HIstory Library
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center
Reading and translating italian records
https://www.familysearch.org/learningce ... 22Italy%22

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Katerina

Post by Katerina »

Hello,

about Rabbiotti family: My genealogical researches resulted in this family of London (St Andrew, Holborn) resulting from the marriage of a named Luigi or Lewis Rabbiotti (Rabbaiotti?) with Sarah, English. For their descendant was Sarah Thereza Rabbiotti born in St Andrew Holborn in 1842, wife of Sebastiano Caracciolo whose issue. Indeed, according to family photos of my grandparents, my great-grandmother would be Blanka de Sampaio born in Germany in 1849 (declarative at her wedding in Paris), wife of Gennaro Caracciolo dei Castelluccio, relatives of my grand- Mother or great-aunt Olga Caracciolo dei Castelluccio born in London in 1871. However, if the couple of my great-grandparents resided in London in 1870 under this name with the mother of Blanka, Virginia of Sampayo, no trace is found since this year of them under that name, besides my grandmother spoke Greek and lived in Greece with her parents. I did not find in London after this year that the couple of Sarah Rabbiotti and Sebastiano Caracciolo who could be the very same, since the sister of the wife of Antonio Caracciolo, one of the children of the couple living in Clerckenwell, had taken the boat In Patras, Greece, with Angelina Castelluccio, born in 1871 for Pittsbourgh: they both declared, together with the children of the sister-in-law Fabbraio, beiing of Greek origin and beeing born in Greece.. I would like to know the link of this family with Greece - it also seems that they had links with Constantinople: Blanka's father, Anthony de Sampayo (pseudonym?) or perhaps Lewis Rabbiotti, was secretaire in the Embassy of France in Constantinople.
Andy1969

Post by Andy1969 »

In response to Sue's original Post,

'I recently discovered that my great grandmothers family were from Grezzo,near Bardi. I really appreciate any help in tracing info on her family. Although she was born in London her father Antonio i believe he and his brother Luigi were born in Grezzo, migrating to Holborn, London in the early 1800s.
sue'

Sue it seems we share the same great Grandmother! Beatrice Rabbiotti daughter of Luigi's brother Antonio, my grandfather/her son, Newton Edward Duckworth had a daughter Brenda, my mother. The brothers resided at 14 Laystall Street in Clerkenwell London, near where I work today! Often have a pint in the Clerk & Well pub ...shouting distance from the location...funny old world!

Andy
brunom

Post by brunom »

This is great news for me - i have discovered Grezzo!

Although i have Rabaiottis in my family (great grand mother's side). i am searching for my great grandfather's roots. He was Gualtiero Miglio and born in an area near Bardi,. He came to London (Clerkenwell as usual) in around 1920 with his young family.

The stories passed down were that he was actually born in Grezzo or Gazzo. This is very useful. Next step is to find his birth certificate in Bardi. i have his passport so i have his exact date of birth.

his father was born in Cremona and although they have birth records on line i have drawn a blank.
dobedobedo

Post by dobedobedo »

The Rabbiotti family are buried on the west side of Highgate Cemetery.

The details can be found at https://highgate.burialgrounds.co.uk

The grave number is 8981 in square 27.

The top grave is just visible above the earth.