Carmina DeTora from Teano, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
demari18
Elite
Elite

Carmina DeTora from Teano, Italy

Post by demari18 »

I have been helped greatly with my post concerning Palmino DeTora. Now I would like to find out if Carmina DeTora Caruso is a sister to Palmino.
When Palmino arrived in Rhode Island he lived with John (Giovanni) Caruso and his wife Carmina. DeTora is listed as Carmina's maiden name on John Caruso's death record. It seems that Carmina and John arrived in 1902 and according to the 1910 census they had been married for 11 years. Two of their children had been born in Italy.
Researchers at this website found records for me that showed that Palmino's parents were Andrea and Marta (Pisano) DeTora. That is all that I know as of now.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Carmina DeTora from Teano, Italy

Post by adelfio »

Looks like this Carmmina De Tora has a different mother
Heres a marriage record for Giovanni Caruso and Cammina De Tora
1897 Oct 7th in Teano Giovanni Caruso age 24 farmer son of Pietro Caruso and Brigida Commisa married to Carmmina De Tora age 22 farmer
daughter of Andrea De Tora and Maria Mantuori????
click for record keep clicking to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Thank you so much. I will have to go back to the 1910 US census where I found John Caruso and Carmina as I believe that there were people named Mantuori also living at the same address. Interesting that Palmino and Carmina both had a father named Andrea. Perhaps there was a second marriage for Andrea????? Thanks again for your help.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

demari18 wrote:Thank you so much. I will have to go back to the 1910 US census where I found John Caruso and Carmina as I believe that there were people named Mantuori also living at the same address. Interesting that Palmino and Carmina both had a father named Andrea. Perhaps there was a second marriage for Andrea????? Thanks again for your help.
Could be a uncle using the same names in his family which is normal In my family Salvatore and Giuseppa are two names which everyone used you almost have to number them

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty