World War 1 Military Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ktpoloni
Rookie
Rookie

World War 1 Military Records

Post by ktpoloni »

Hello! I am needing help knowing how to get my great grandfather's military records. I know he served on the front lines in World War 1 in Italy. His name was Antonio Angelo Poloni and was born in 1985 in Fino Del Monte, Italy. Is there a form that I need to fill out? or a template of some sort? And where do I write to? Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

Katie
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: World War 1 Military Records

Post by adelfio »

You can send a email to ARCHIVIO DI STATO for registro di leva
(Italian military record) They should have the military record
E-Mail: as-bg@beniculturali.it
email message
ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI BERGAMO

Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da Fino Del Monte . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
Potreste cercare l’ registro di leva o registro dei foglie matricolari di questa persona nei vostri registri dal 1900 fino al 1905?
Nome e cognome: Antonio Angelo Poloni
Data di nascita: BIRTHDATE
Luogo di nascita:Fino Del Monte
Nome e cognome del padre: FATHER incerto if not known
Nome e cognome della madre: MOTHER incerto if not known
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di informarmi se sia possibile ottenere delle fotocopie dei vostri registri.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,

YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ktpoloni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ktpoloni »

Thank you so much Marty! Do you know how long generally they take to get back?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

ktpoloni wrote:Thank you so much Marty! Do you know how long generally they take to get back?
Sometimes a week and I have had some take a month or 2 from the Archivio di Stato if there not busy.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
CarlaGrillo39
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CarlaGrillo39 »

Hi Adelfio,

I was wondering if you had any knowledge about the Italian war effort in WWI?

My great great grandfather, Pasquale Pizzirusso, died in Austria in WWI c. 1916. Do you know any details about Italian soldiers in Austria during this time? Or know of an expert who could help me form a picture of what my ancestor experienced, where he might have been buried, or any other details?

Kindest Regards,

Carla Grillo
Pizzirusso, Compitiello, Rafaniello, Ferrantino, Cona, and Sterbinetto families. All from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi, Avellino.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

THere is a site thats in Italian you can use Bing(right mouse button on Explorer) to translate it to English
http://www.cimeetrincee.it/

Marty

Marty
CarlaGrillo39
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CarlaGrillo39 »

Thank you so much! I tried to search for him in the list of fallen soldiers but he doesn't appear to be there. Have they transcribed every soldier who died in WW1 from Campania? Or is it a work in progress?

Cheers,

Carla
Pizzirusso, Compitiello, Rafaniello, Ferrantino, Cona, and Sterbinetto families. All from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi, Avellino.
CarlaGrillo39
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CarlaGrillo39 »

Hi Adelfio,

Sorry, I just realised that the 'Golden Roll' only covers the Napoli and Salerno provinces of Campania. My ancestor was from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi, Avellino. This would be why he wasn't on the roll.

Cheers,

Carla
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Post by Joannsalvo »

CarlaGrillo39
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CarlaGrillo39 »

Thank you for that. I have tried those websites and there only seems to be one Pizzirusso from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi who died during WWI. His name is unfortunately Rocco, not Pasquale. Do those sites have all Italian soldiers who died in WWI or are there some exceptions? Also, are all names correct?

Cheers,

Carla
MariaFaraone

Post by MariaFaraone »

I'm having the same problem with my Great Grandfather. He died in France, but I can't find him anywhere!
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Post by Joannsalvo »

Pagliari

Post by Pagliari »

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a WWI record for someone you are not related to? I am doing research for a book and was hoping to get the record of one of my characters.