Looking for surname Villanella

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Villanella

Looking for surname Villanella

Post by Villanella »

Does anyone have any information about the Villanella family in Italy? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking for surname Villanella

Post by brujaojos »

Villanella wrote:Does anyone have any information about the Villanella family in Italy? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!
Hi there,

If you give us some more information such as names, year of birth, and where your ancestor settled, we can probably help you more.

Also, if you go on Ellis Island, most of the people with the surname Villanella came from the town of Marsico Nuovo, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy. However, we need a first/given name to be more accurate.

Hope this helps
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Villanella

Post by Villanella »

Trish,

Thank you so much for responding! I've been trying to figure out the dates my grandfather's family would have come over. My grandfather's name was Giovanni Guiseppi Villanella. He was born in either 1911 or 1912 in the United States so I assume his paretns came over in the very early 1900's. He passed away in 1990. I know my greatgrandmother's name was Maria Villanella (not positive about her maiden name yet) and my greatgrandfather's name was Guiseppi Villanella. I believe they came from Campania. I am trying to find out more information and will pass it along as soon as I get it.

Thank you so much for your help!

Cindy
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Villanella wrote:Trish,

Thank you so much for responding! I've been trying to figure out the dates my grandfather's family would have come over. My grandfather's name was Giovanni Guiseppi Villanella. He was born in either 1911 or 1912 in the United States so I assume his paretns came over in the very early 1900's. He passed away in 1990. I know my greatgrandmother's name was Maria Villanella (not positive about her maiden name yet) and my greatgrandfather's name was Guiseppi Villanella. I believe they came from Campania. I am trying to find out more information and will pass it along as soon as I get it.

Thank you so much for your help!

Cindy
Dear Cindy,

I believe this is your ancestors in the 1930 Census. And I'm sure one of my dear friends on this site will post the census for you. (thank you)

Joseph, b. 1869, widow
Tony, b. 1910
John, b. 1912
Genaro, b. 1914
Frank, b. 1918
Vincent, b. 1920
Louis, b. 1923

Census infomation:
Name: John Villanella
Estimated birth year: abt 1912
Relation to head-of-house: Son
Home in 1930: Brooklyn, Kings, New York
Image source: Year: 1930; Census Place: Brooklyn, Kings, New York; Roll: 1500; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 9; Image: 722.0.

According to the census, all the children were born in New York. Joseph (Giuseppe) came to the USA about 1891 and was still an Alien in 1930. He was 26 years old when he married, so that means he married Maria about 1895.

This is the NYC Death Index. I believe this is your Maria (mother of Giovanni).
Name Age Month Day Year Certificate Number County Soundex
Villanella Maria 45 y Aug 29 1922 16464 Kings V454

I hope this is of some help to you.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

And I'm sure one of my dear friends on this site will post the census for you. (thank you)
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Hi Trish, :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
the link...

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4665/john5no.jpg

Smiling for you,
mfjp
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

mfjp wrote:
And I'm sure one of my dear friends on this site will post the census for you. (thank you)
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Hi Trish, :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
the link...

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4665/john5no.jpg

Smiling for you,
mfjp
Hi Mfjp,

Thank you for posting the census for me. :)

hugs and smiles
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
Villanella

Post by Villanella »

Thank you for all your help! I appreciate it greatly! I never expected to get responses so quickly...such a wonderful community of people here.

Thank you again!

Cindy