Maria Borzi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
redeye3891

Maria Borzi

Post by redeye3891 »

I'm looking for any information about my grandmother and her family. She was born in Rome around 1928 (she says she lied about her age, so I'm not sure about the date) in January. Once told me her mother's name was Cesira Di Loreto or Diloreto and her father's name was Ettore Borzi. Her father died when she was very young, so we really don't know too much about him. She came to the US in 1946, with my father Warren Danner (born in Naples February 3, 1946). Any information about Maria Borzi, Ettore Borzi, Cesira Di Loreto Borzi or any relatives would be appreciated! Thank you so much!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Maria Borzi

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello and welcome! :-)

You may already have this record...
Is this your grandmother, Maria Danner, on this Apr. 4, 1946 manifest?
Age 18, traveling with her son, Warren, age 1 month.
Arriving NY on the SS ARMY TRANSPORT "Algonquin".
Warren is listed as a US CITIZEN, and I believe the bracket also includes Maria :-)

Where did the Danner family live in US?
And could you give us a date and place of death for Maria/Mary?

T.
redeye3891

Re: Maria Borzi

Post by redeye3891 »

Yes, that's the correct Maria! Warren is my father. The Danner family lived in Orofino, ID for a while. My grandmother has since moved to Seattle, WA and my father lives in Spokane, WA. My grandmother, Maria is still alive in Seattle.

I found another record of my great-grandmother, Cesira Di Loreto, she died in Rome in the hospital, 2/28/1974, and is buried in Flaminio cemetary. This is all the info I have now.

I was looking to find more information about my grandmother, maria's, Italian family in Italy. :)