Surname, Onesto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Antoinia2

Surname, Onesto

Post by Antoinia2 »

I am looking for any information about my Grandfather Guiesppi Onesto. He was born in 1866 in a small town called cinatica, in Naples, Italy. I don't know the name of the church, but I know in the town he came from ,his name is etched in the stone wall on the outside of the church. If anyone has any information on the Onesto's in Naples I would appreaciate you contacting me.

Thank You

The Onesto Family
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Do the same thing I suggested for Brucato since it involves the same inquiry just three different names. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname, Onesto

Post by suanj »

Antoinia2 wrote:I am looking for any information about my Grandfather Guiesppi Onesto. He was born in 1866 in a small town called cinatica, in Naples, Italy. I don't know the name of the church, but I know in the town he came from ,his name is etched in the stone wall on the outside of the church. If anyone has any information on the Onesto's in Naples I would appreaciate you contacting me.

Thank You

The Onesto Family

Hi Antonia, I have not understood well: "...called cinatica, in Naples.."(?) :roll: please better explanation. Currently are 42 Onesto' s family in Naples province, but for better search, is necessary to know exact spelling place of origin... regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Antonia there is no town the way your spelliong it and there is not town that even sounds like CINATICA so we are left with the province. Can you tell us if your sure the name is Cinatica or that is the way you remeber the way they pronounced it when you were little? Did he ever come to the USA on a visit so we could look at the ellis island records? Do you knowwhat province the family came from so we can check the Italian army records for the town/ How do you know he was born in 1866?? Do you have a birth record or a letter or something??? Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Dear Antonia, I have received your email. Currently Onesto surname not is present on Italian White Pages of Senerchia town-Avellino province, and moreover not is present in all Avellino province.
:roll:
This only means that not there are persons with fixed telephone.. In Senerchia is this church or parish:
Parrocchia "S. Michele Arcangelo"

I will continue to try...
My regards,
suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yeah...me too. Peter
Kashka76

Re: Surname, Onesto

Post by Kashka76 »

The church is in Senerchia, this is my great grandfather as well.