Birth Record for Luigi Lorenzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
demari18
Elite
Elite

Birth Record for Luigi Lorenzo

Post by demari18 »

My husband's grandfather Luigi Lorenzo (Laurenzo, Laurenzi, Lorenze) was born in Italy, perhaps Teano (definitely in the Naples area) on April 3, 1871. He immigrated to the US in the 1890's but I can not find a ship's manifest with his name on it. The family believes that he was adopted by an aunt or uncle but that is all that I know about him before he came to the US. Once he arrived here I have detailed information. So I am seeking any info about his life prior to his arrival.
Thank you - demari
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record for Luigi Lorenzo

Post by adelfio »

Was he single or married before he came over to USA?
What were his aunt and uncles names?
Any brothers or sisters?
The surname Laurenzo is in the civil records of Teano on ancestry.com

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
demari18
Elite
Elite

Re: Birth Record for Luigi Lorenzo

Post by demari18 »

Dear Marty,
Thank you for replying to my inquiry. Luigi was single when he came to America. My husband says that there was no mention of any brothers or sisters but on his death certificate the names Giacomo Lorenzo and Angela Zarrone were listed. My husband does not know if these were the birth parents or the adopted parents. But as I mentioned the family seems to think that an aunt and uncle adopted him.