GHINACCA from Napoli?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
fdescamps

GHINACCA from Napoli?

Post by fdescamps »

Hello everybody,

This is my first intervention on that forum.
My wife had an Italian ancestor, but she doesn’t know much about him.
Perhaps some of yours could help me in finding more details about a man cold GHINACCA or something like that with a few common first name Xénophon. He was sales representative and was surely aged 20 in 1868. In an act wrote by a public notaire RICO in Napoli he recognised his daughter who was born in Paris in june 1868 under the name LECLERCQ. He was declared from Ostelie (??) but I didn’t find it on the map. He must be from Napoli or Pozzuoli, or somewhere in the neigbourhood. He died before 7/01/1892.

Does anybody have details about a family GHINACCA (perhaps with another way of writing) in this area?

I wish you a good day and I do really hope to receive some answers from Italy.

francis
amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Re: GHINACCA from Napoli?

Post by amerital43 »

Finding family ancestors is a "chain". They often cannot be picked out of a line and hunted because sometimes what we think we know is incorrect. That being said, does your wife have any documents leading BACK to Daughter Leclercq? Or Ghinacca? Does she have a record of her parents, and who her grandparents/great grandparents are? If she has these documents or can obtain them it will make the search go much smoother.

In checking the Pagine Bianche, (Italian White Pages) I find no Ghinacca listing.

If you go to the Family Search link you will find many Leclercq, with origins in Belgium & France:
https://familysearch.org/search/records ... 3Aleclercq~
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, by marriage bann:

Publications des bans de mariage de Paris et Ancienne Seine, 1860 à 1902 Paris, France & Vicinity Marriage Banns, 1860-1902 about Anna Charlotte Ghinacca
Name: Anna Charlotte Ghinacca
Marriage Bann Date: 22 nov. 1891
Father's Name: Xénophon Ghinacca
Mother's Name: Marie Louise Lechercq
Spouse's Name: Georges Antoine Eugène Joseph Emile Pennart

I believe that Xénophon (Senofonte in italian spelling) was no italian but greek.. and maybe resident in Italy.. it is possible... just my idea.. also Ghinacca surname could be a italianized version of a greek surname...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
fdescamps

Post by fdescamps »

Hello Amerital43 and Suanj,

I thank you for your quick response.
My wife doesn’t have any other documents about Marie Louise Leclercq and her relation to Xénophon Ghinacca than those I mentionned already. She wishes in the first place to discover the origin of the Ghinacca family. I believe the genealogy of the Leclercq branch will be easier, although many document of Paris perished in a desastrous fire. I know that about this period and earlier some Ghinacca immigrated to England, but are they of the same family?

The Marriage bans about Anna Charlotte Ghinacca and Georges Pennart were published and the marriage took place in Neuilly. Thank you Suanj. They travelled later to Belgium. Marie Louise Lechercq was not present on the day of the wedding of Anna Charlotte and Pennart (7/01/1892). She was said living or staying in Napoli.

I think that it wood be interesting to know more about “le notaire public Louis Rico” who had his office in Naples. The act of recognition of Anna Charlotte by her father was made in Maître Ricos office on 9th July 1872. Is it possible to find in archives that document of this public notary?

Another important question is the origin of Ghinacca. Where is situated “Ostélien” (Ostélieu?). Is it in Italy? Do somebody knows more about this place.

Is Ghinacca a common italian name and where can I find details about them in the years 1800-1860?

I wish you a very good day.

Francis
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I cannot find a Luis ( Luigi ) Rico notary in Napoli; I found that was a Luigi RUO notary in Napoli...
also abt: “Ostélien” (Ostélieu?)
seeming no a italian place... I never knew abt a italian place with similar name....
Ghinacca is no a italian name; it exist Ginacca ( just 1 person in all Italy) in Torino (Piedmont region, IT):
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs=ginacca&dv=
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
fdescamps

Post by fdescamps »

Hello,

I read again the act of recognition this afternoon. You are right: It must be Louis (Luigi) RUO. Meanwhile I asked on a Paris forum where I could find a copy of the act that was registrated in Paris on 20/03/1886.
Tell me if there is a possibilty to consult the archives of Notary RUO on line or on another way.
As soon I had news from Paris I will inform you.
Many thanks again.

Francis
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi ,
I believe that you can request the copy of original document Archivio Notarile di Napoli;
frankly... I believe right this info..
the address is:

Archivio notarile distrettuale di NAPOLI
Via S. Paolo ai Tribunali, 14
80138 NAPOLI (NA)
Italy
email: archivionotarile.napoli @ giustizia.it
(NO SPACES!)

http://www.giustizia.it/resources/cms/d ... i_2011.pdf
by this file they making the search if the customer can provide all data abt the document( you have it) and they relaying the photocopies by payment... I know no the fee..

but if you can send a email they will can reply you very soon ...

a possible txt abt a request( if the document is available, the cost of search, photocopies, postage etc) and as to send the payment, it could be so -email: archivionotarile.napoli @ giustizia.it (NO SPACES!):

Spett.le Archivio Notarile,

mi chiamo … (your name) e scrivo da… (your residence country).
Questa mia per chiedere cortesemente come agire al fine di poter ottenere fotocopie di un atto di riconoscimento di bambino del 1872.

Spiego meglio:
la mia antenata era nata a Parigi nel 1868 e registrata con il cognome della madre.
Il nome della mia antenata era LECLERCQ Anna Charlotte e sua madre era LECLERCQ Marie Luise.
Con atto notarile stipulato in Napoli dal Notaio Luigi RUO in data 9 Luglio 1872, il padre naturale Xenophon GHINACCA riconosceva Anna Charlotte LECLERCQ come sua figlia e le dava il proprio cognome, ossia GHINACCA.

Sono in possesso dell’atto trascritto in francese, ma avrei bisogno della copia originale in italiano, al fine di sapere di più su Xenophon (Senofonte) GHINACCA e specialmente sul suo luogo di origine.

Sarei grato se mi poteste aiutare informandomi se presso il vs Archivio il documento originale è disponibile e illustrandomi come richiederne le fotocopie e come pagare quanto previsto, nonché come rimettervi la somma.

Sperando in un cortese riscontro mi è gradita l’occasione per porgere i miei più distinti saluti,

……….your name
………your full address
………….your email

--------------------------------
if the document is available they will let you know as a well as to pay, and after the payment you will receive ..
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
fdescamps

Post by fdescamps »

Hello Suanj, hello everybody

I got good news.
Thanks to suanj I got the right adress and a letter for a demand of copy in the notarial archives of Naples. The arcives responded rapidely and one week after having paid 19 euro for the copy, I received the act at home.

Now I learned that il signor GHINACCA Xenphon or Zenofonte was born in Trieste on the 14th of may in 1834.

Are the archives or tables online for Trieste for that period like in France?
If necessar I put a new post in order to get a copy of his act of birth.

Thank you so much suanj for your kindness and your precious help

Cordially

francis
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

it is a wonderful new! abt the birth record.. it is a problem.. I know not with precision .. I know that in the "Archivio Generale del Comune di Trieste (and) Archivio Storico" it are the family sheets from 1857 to 1883...

the " I registri parrocchiali e il Civico Ufficio di Stato Civile del 1923" (parish records and civil records starting from 1923)

and marriage records from 1857..
http://www.retecivica.trieste.it/triest ... 20dell.pdf

I believe that the better way is to write in Trieste Town Hall and to ask abt the birth date if they can help or suggest to you as to find it...
let me know your suggestion and maybe I can prepare the italian txt for Trieste..
regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH