Savastano Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tlsava

Savastano Surname

Post by tlsava »

I am trying to find any relatives that I may have. I have very limited information about my family so my search has been slow and at this point at a dead end. I know that my grandmothers name was Bonita Huber and that she married a Savastano and had my father Vincent Savastano he was born in Illinois and moved to New Jersey where I was born. If you can help please let me know.

Thank you,
Tiffany
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Savastano Surname

Post by wldspirit »

Are there any other details you can provide? Names of brothers/sisters?
Dates of birth, marriage or death? What year did they live in Illinois?
What year did they move to the East coast?
wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Illinois death index shows the following SAVASTANO, all of Cook County:

SAVASTANO ELSIE F/W UNK 6007757 1927-03-09 COOK CHICAGO 27-03-16

SAVASTANO FRANK G M/W UNK 0009122 1944-03-24 COOK CHICAGO - -

SAVASTANO GENNUSO M/W UNK 6019871 1926-07-05 COOK CHICAGO 26-07-07

SAVASTANO GER8ISP M/W UNK 6019871 1926-07-05 COOK CHICAGO 26-07-07

SAVASTANO MAROELL M/W UNK 0003408 1947-01-31 COOK CHICAGO - -

SAVASTANO WILLIAM G M/W Y-17 0034199 1941-12-19 COOK CHICAGO - -

wldspirit
tlsava

Post by tlsava »

My father was born in 1949 in Illinois he passed away in Texas in 1993. My grandmother was born in 1912 in New Jersey. I have never known my fahters dads name this was something that they did not talk about which has made my search very hard. I do know that my grandmothers parents names were Frank and Muriel Huber her mother was born in 1895 and passed in 1986. I have no information on her father there was so many that I have not been albe to pin point it to one. I believe that my fahters dads name may have been either Patrick or Anthony. As you can see I have tried but seem to be on a wild goose chase. I wanted to trya nd get either my baptism papers or parents marriage certificate from New Jersey but you need to have the exact dates and I do not I have filed several times with dates that I thoguht but have not been able to come up with anything.

Tiffany
tlsava

Post by tlsava »

He did have a sister and borther that were from another father and were put up for adoption so I do not have either of there names I know that my grandmothers sister adopted them in New Jersey and she moved to Florida and still resides there her maiden name is Francesca Huber. I am still unsure if Huber was once longer since the first names are so Italian and Huber is not.

Tiffany
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

tlsava wrote:He did have a sister and borther that were from another father and were put up for adoption so I do not have either of there names I know that my grandmothers sister adopted them in New Jersey and she moved to Florida and still resides there her maiden name is Francesca Huber. I am still unsure if Huber was once longer since the first names are so Italian and Huber is not.

Tiffany
Hi Tiffany,

Here is some information that I found on the 1930 Census for Frank Huber and family. I also know one of my kind friends on here will post the census record for you. (thank you:) )

Here is the information:

Frank, born abt. 1893, NJ
Muriel, born abt. 1896, NJ
Bonita, born abt. 1913, NJ
Lester, born abt. 1914, NJ
Esther, born abt. 1916, NJ
Agnes, born abt. 1918, NJ
Velma, born abt. ?1926, NJ (can't tell if it's 4 or 14)
Doris, born abt. 1923, NJ
Richard, bron abt. 1929, NJ
Elmer Whritervour, father-in-law, born abt. 1875, widower, born NJ

Frank and Muriel were married about 1911 per the census.
Name: Frank L Huber
Estimated birth year: abt 1893
Birthplace: New Jersey
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Muriel Huber
Race: White
Home in 1930: Bloomingdale, Passaic, New Jersey
Image source: Year: 1930; Census Place: Bloomingdale, Passaic, New Jersey; Roll: 1375; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 89; Image: 792.0.

Now the New Jersey State Archives are fantastic. Here is the link about how to obtain Birth, Marriage, or Death Certificates from there. (It's a shame I didn't know about this, for I was up there last Friday doing research.)

http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links/archives.html

I'm still poking around, but I'll send this for now.

Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
tlsava

Post by tlsava »

Oh my god that is great... Is there any way to find out if they had children to verify that this is the correct ones?

Thank you so much for your help. I have hired many people to do this for me and most of the information that I have gotten was from poking around on the internet.

Thank you again,
Tiffany
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

tlsava wrote:My father was born in 1949 in Illinois he passed away in Texas in 1993. Tiffany
Hi Tiffany,

If your father passed away in 1993, send away for his death certificate from Texas.

http://www.vitalrec.com/tx.html

I do not recommend sending for vital records online for they charge you double the amount. Just go to the website and look it up how to send away for records.

If the death certificate was filled out properly, then his father's name should be listed.

Also, if you know his Social Security number, you can send for the Social Security Application which should list his father's name.

Try to find where and when Bonita was married and try to send for that marriage application.

(*note: you always want the application for it list so much information on them. The certificate only lists names and date of marriage.)

hope this helps.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
tlsava

Post by tlsava »

Trish,

I have my fathers deather certificate it does not list a fathers name and I also have his military records this does not list a fahters name either. I hve not tried to do the social security application. Would I just trya nd get a duplicate card issued. I have my grandmothers deather certificate as well.

Thanks again,
Tiffany
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Here is the 1930 census that Trish referred to above:

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/9914 ... snj7zr.jpg

Also, the NJ state archives are wonderful as Trish said.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

VaDeb wrote:Here is the 1930 census that Trish referred to above:

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/9914 ... snj7zr.jpg

Also, the NJ state archives are wonderful as Trish said.
Thank you for posting the census for me!:)
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

From SSDI

Name: Muriel Huber
SSN: 152-16-3313
Last Residence: 33060 Pompano Beach, Broward, Florida, United States of America
Born: 29 Dec 1895
Died: Dec 1986
State (Year) SSN issued: New Jersey (Before 1951 )

From Florida:
Name: Muriel Huber
Death Date: 18 Dec 1986
County of Death: Broward
State of Death: Florida
Age at Death: 90
Race: White
Birth Date: 29 Dec 1895
tlsava

Post by tlsava »

THNAK YOU EVERYONE!!
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

tlsava wrote:Trish,

I have my fathers deather certificate it does not list a fathers name and I also have his military records this does not list a fahters name either. I hve not tried to do the social security application. Would I just trya nd get a duplicate card issued. I have my grandmothers deather certificate as well.

Thanks again,
Tiffany
Hi Tiffany,

Here is the letter you submit to SS. I can't say it will definitely have his father's name, but it might. You still might have to get the marriage certificate of your father and/or his mother, Bonita.

Have a good one.
Trish

Date

Social Security Administration
Office of Earnings Operations
FOIA Workgroup
300 N. Greene Street
P.O. Box 33022
Baltimore, Maryland 21290

Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

Dear Freedom of Information Officer,

I am writing this request under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. Section 552. I hereby request a copy of the SS-5, Application for Social Security Card for the following individual:

Name:
SS#:
Birth:
Death:

This individual is deceased, having been listed in the Social Security Administration's Death Master File. I understand the fee for this service is $27.00 for copy of original SS-5 application printout when the Social Security Number is provided. I am requesting a SS-5 copy. Included is a check for $27.00 made out to the Social Security Administration to cover any administrative costs required by this request.

Please respond to my request upon receipt of this initial correspondence. Thank you for your attention and assistance.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

To order vital records for NJ:

http://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/vital.shtml
(check dates, some older records have to come from the state archives)

Note from their website:
Requests for genealogical records need to supply the name of the individual as it is recorded on the vital record, the type of event (birth, marriage or death), the year the event occurred (full date is preferred but not required), and the city, township or county where the event occurred.

Genealogical records are those births that occurred more than 80 years ago, marriages that occurred more than 50 years ago and deaths that occurred more than 40 years ago. Requests for genealogical records must be submitted in writing.

Request for Non-genealogical records must include exact information that identified the name of the individual as it is recorded on the vital record, the type of event (birth, marriage or death), the exact date that the event occurred (MM/DD/YYYY), the exact city/municipality and county in which the event occurred. For death records you must provide the full maiden name of the mother and the name of the father of the deceased, if recorded on the document. For birth records the full maiden name of the mother and the name of the father if recorded on the document.