Need help finding parents name in Italy!!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Need help finding parents name in Italy!!!

Post by adelfio »

adelfio wrote:Heres the info so far with a little more researching you should be able to get more dates and info at familysearch.org
Typo for Antonio marriage it should be 1783
click for info keep clicking to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

First of all, I want to thank you guys - each and everyone for searching information on Maria Ruffino....once I print all of the information you sent and match it up with the chart Marty sent, I should be able to add a few more Generations

I hate to be a pain, but now that I have Marie Ruffino and birth month and year, was there any information on Leoluca [Luke] Trombatore birth information, all I have is 1820...Thanks Erudita74 for sending parents name (Vincenzo Trombatore and Caterina Piraneo).

You guys are awesome, I know I can always count on you.

Mardi
P.S. There is so much information out there, if only I could read Italian and Latin.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

As I previously posted, his baptism record is image 124 of 406-Corleone San Martino Battesimi 1819-1827-date Oct 17, 1820. His name is just Luca in the record. His godparents were Belshazzar (Baldassare in Italian) and Maria Rizzo.

As to reading the records, you should look at them and, at least, try to find the names. Then if you need help deciphering the records, you can upload them to the forum, or tell us the image number, and one of us will help you understand the info in them. The more you try to read them, the easier it gets (well, sometimes). It always depends on the condition of the records too!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1809 April 12 in Corleone appeared Vincenzo Trombatore son of Lionisluca Trombatore and Ann Perdino married to Catharina Piraneo daughter of Joannes(Giovanni) Piraneo and Ann Favaloro
click for record keep clicking to enlarge bottom right side

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

The groom's father was deceased as was the mother of the bride.

The record is dated day 10 of April.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

POSSIBLE MARIAGE RECORD NAME OF Ann Perdino/Ann Maria Pinnino TYPO
1780 Jan 9th in Corleone appeared Leonisluca Trumbatore son of Vincenzo Trumbatore and Sarina?? Perrone married to Ann Maria Pinnino daughter of Laurenti Pinnino and Domenicia Accumanno

Italy, Palermo, Diocesi d...Church Records, 1531-1998
Corleone
San Martino
Matrimoni 1764-1782
Image pg 237 of 287
click for record keep clicking to enlarge bottom left

Marty

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

adelfio wrote:POSSIBLE MARIAGE RECORD NAME OF Ann Perdino/Ann Maria Pinnino TYPO
1780 Jan 9th in Corleone appeared Leonisluca Trumbatore son of Vincenzo Trumbatore and Sarina?? Perrone married to Ann Maria Pinnino daughter of Laurenti Pinnino and Domenicia Accumanno

Corleone
San Martino
Matrimoni 1764-1782
Image pg 237 of 287
click for record keep clicking to enlarge bottom left

Marty

What you have as Sarina with a ? is actually the name Sancta (Santa in Italian). Anna Maria's father Lorenzo (in Italian) was deceased.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I looked through the marriage records Corleone for Vincenzo Trumbatore and Sancta last name written in as Perrone in marriage record of Leonisluca Trumbatore found this record in 1752 Vincenzo Trumbatore and Sancta Sangiorgio didnt see no other Sancta listed with Vincenzo Trumbatore in the indexes might have to find the birth record of Leonisluca Trumbatore
Corleone
San Martino
Matrimoni 1741-1764
Image pg 205 of 344
click for record keep clicking to enlarge left side 3rd down

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1754 Oct 15th Baptism record of Leonisluca Trumbatore/Trumatore son of Vincenzo Trumbatore and Sancta Sangiorgio
click for record keep clicking to enlarge left side bottom

Marty

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

For your info-the husband Vincenzo T in the latest marriage record you posted was a widower, but the name of his previous spouse does not appear to be in the record. Also Sancta is the correct first name of the person in the other record which you thought was Sarina.
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

I really appreciate all the help you have given me......thank you so very much, erudita74 and adelfio for your time. You and everyone eles that has helped so many of us, make connections with our families from long ago. A BIG shout out to you all.
Mardi
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. When you get a chance, do try to look at the online records. You'll get used to seeing where the names are, if you make the effort. Currently I'm working with Latin records in another Sicilian town. They are really difficult compared to the ones in yours, mostly due to the almost completely illegible handwriting.
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

Mardi wrote:Looking for the parents of Maria Ruffino who married Leoluca [Luke] Trombatore (possible birth year 1820), June 29, 1845, Corleone, Province of Palermo, Sicily

I have a list of the children they had together, that were born in Corleone, Province of Palermo, Sicily. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Mardi

Leoluca (Luke) Trombatore and Maria Ruffino had several children born in Corleone, Province of Palermo, Sicily. The only one of their children that I do not have a marriage date is Placito [Edward/Peter] Trombatore and Giovanna Firmaturi both were born in Corleone, Province of Palermo, Sicily

Marriage abt. 1882 in Corleone, Province of Palermo, Sicily.

Thank you for your help.
Mardi
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I see them listed in the index for Sept 25, 1881. (image 296 of 584)

From the marriage record-her parents were deceased Ignazio F. and Giovanna Napoli, deceased.

Image 298 of 535 on familysearch.org

Corleone
San Martino
Matrimoni 1872-1887
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

Thank you ever so much erudita74.....

When I go to familysearch.org and key in or the correct name I am searching, is there any way that I can go to that name, with out clicking on all the images. Such as this one was found on image 298, do I start from the beginning all the wasy to 298.

Thanks again.....you are awesome.

Mardi