Turicchi/Fabbri from Barga, Lucca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
paulamarie

Turicchi/Fabbri from Barga, Lucca

Post by paulamarie »

My grandparents were Edmundo Turicchi and Candida Fabbri from Barga Lucca.
Edmundo had two siblings: Alfredo and Anita Turicchi.
Candida had many siblings, but I only know of 2 : Giovana and Tito Fabbri.

Any help/information would greatly be appreciated!
Paula Marie
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Turicchi/Fabbri from Barga, Lucca

Post by wldspirit »

Have you located ship manifest or census infos? Have you checked the Lds website for microfilmed records? All records are located in the town of origin. If the town has not been microfilmed it is possible to send a request for birth and marriage acts.
Do you have any other specifics, such as age at immigration or possible birthdates?
wldspirit

familysearch.org
paulamarie

Post by paulamarie »

I have all the information you listed for American sources - Ellis Island and US Census - but there is not much information, since most of my family only visited the US. I definately will have to contact the town of origin.

Although, I'm a bit confused. I was told we were from Barga, Lucca. When I looked on an Italian map I saw that Barga and Lucca were entirely seperate! Can you help with this?

Thanks,
Paula Marie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Paula

Barga is a town or comune in the province of Lucca. Think of province as a county. Just like here in the US a county or province contains many different towns. There is also a town called Lucca in the province of Lucca. Generally the province capital has the same name as the province, thus you found the town of Barga and the town of Lucca.

Here is a website:
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/046/index.html
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

paulamarie wrote:My grandparents were Edmundo Turicchi and Candida Fabbri from Barga Lucca.
Edmundo had two siblings: Alfredo and Anita Turicchi.
Candida had many siblings, but I only know of 2 : Giovana and Tito Fabbri.

Any help/information would greatly be appreciated!
Paula Marie
Hi Paula Marie,

Since you already have a lot of information about your ancestors, you can try the following. You can order microfilm for the year of their birth for both the town of Barga and the town of Lucca. The Family History Center has film that you can order and rent for about $3.50 a roll for each town. You can try to find your ancestors' Birth Act. Also, if you have their Death Certificate from the USA, it could list their parents which would make it easier to locate in the Italian Records.

This is the film numbers for Barga.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

This is the film numbers for Lucca.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

I also want to bring to your attention a town called Bagni di Lucca which is also in the Province of Lucca. Here are those film numbers just in case. http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

I was just able to see the manifest for your ancestor, it states his father was Antonio and he was from Barga and going to see his brother, Alfredo. I would try the Barga microfilm first.

I hope this helps.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
paulamarie

Post by paulamarie »

Can anybody help? I'm trying to find the location of my grandfather's villa outside of Barga. All I have are my memories from 40 years ago. If anybody has the patience to read this, I'd love any input. I am hoping some of this information will help differentiate his villa from others (if there were others?).

My grandfather's name was Edmond Turicchi. The villa was 3 stories and had a vineyard and winery. It wasn't very far from Barga because I used to walk into town to visit my cousins. I remember the walk was down hill. I don't remember any other large homes on the walk. But, I remember on the right side of the road was a sheer drop off down the mountain.

Thanks for your patience,
Paula Marie
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

paulamarie wrote:Can anybody help? I'm trying to find the location of my grandfather's villa outside of Barga. All I have are my memories from 40 years ago. If anybody has the patience to read this, I'd love any input. I am hoping some of this information will help differentiate his villa from others (if there were others?).

My grandfather's name was Edmond Turicchi. The villa was 3 stories and had a vineyard and winery. It wasn't very far from Barga because I used to walk into town to visit my cousins. I remember the walk was down hill. I don't remember any other large homes on the walk. But, I remember on the right side of the road was a sheer drop off down the mountain.

Paula Marie
Dear Paula Marie,

Here is a list of Turicchi still living in Barga. Maybe you can write to them and ask if they know anything about your ancestors.

I hope this helps.
Trish

Turicchi Federico
Via Repubblica, 409/B - 55051 Barga (LU)
tel: 0583.75112

Turicchi Pierluigi
Via Marconi Guglielmo, 12 - 55051 Barga (LU)
tel: 0583.724340

Turicchi Anna Rosa
Via Del Pretorio, 17 - 55051 Barga (LU)
tel: 0583.723565

Turicchi Antonio
Via Di S. Pietro In Campo, - 55051 Barga (LU)
tel: 0583.710045

Turicchi Pietro
Via S. Antonio, 3 - 55020 Castelvecchio Pascoli (LU)
tel: 0583.766222

Turicchi Eraldo
Castelvecchio Pascoli, - 55051 Barga (LU)
tel: 0583.766143
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

paulamarie wrote:Can anybody help? I'm trying to find the location of my grandfather's villa outside of Barga. All I have are my memories from 40 years ago. If anybody has the patience to read this, I'd love any input. I am hoping some of this information will help differentiate his villa from others (if there were others?).

Paula Marie
Hi: in Barga are many villa, and also all with winery, and all outside Barga town....here are an very good map of Barga..dowload please http://www.geoplan.it/geoplan/comuni/barga/#
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH