FHL

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

FHL

Post by gentilejoy@yahoo.com »

Does anyone know what happened to accessing FHL/Family Search online? About 8 months ago, I was able to view a census from this site. I have recently gone back to locate the census. On several attempts, I am getting the same message when trying to view the document under Historical Records Collections. The message is:
“We are unable to display search results due to technical difficulties. Please try searching again in a few minutes.” I also tried searching other records, in which, I was able to bring up in the past only to get the same message. Are they no longer allowing online viewing of records/documents?
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: FHL

Post by erudita74 »

gentilejoy@yahoo.com wrote:Does anyone know what happened to accessing FHL/Family Search online? About 8 months ago, I was able to view a census from this site. I have recently gone back to locate the census. On several attempts, I am getting the same message when trying to view the document under Historical Records Collections. The message is:
“We are unable to display search results due to technical difficulties. Please try searching again in a few minutes.” I also tried searching other records, in which, I was able to bring up in the past only to get the same message. Are they no longer allowing online viewing of records/documents?

I just tried accessing various records on the FHL website and had no problem. I think that, when you get that message about technical difficulties, which I did get at some point this past week, you just have to wait a while and try again.

Erudita
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ive found a couple things with accessing FHL clearing your history on your computer does help and the latest Java update what browser to you use and whats your operating system I use Google search and windows 8

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gentilejoy@yahoo.com »

To Erudita and Marty- thank-you both. Seems the issue here lies with my computer and not FHL. I am going to need to work on this. Will let you know if I eventually regain document access. Thanks again, Joy.