Famiglie Dato-Tessitore- Piazza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ansoria

Famiglie Dato-Tessitore- Piazza

Post by ansoria »

Parlo molto male il italiano. Ma capisco il italiano. Adesso, escribo in inglese. :-) Ma puo rispondermi in italiano. :D

I am looking for relatives of my grandfather, Francesco Emilio Dato Tessitore. He was born in Terranova di Sicilia, now renamed Gela, on 17 February 1880.

His parents were Gayetano (Gaetano?) Dato, born 7 August 1847, and Mariana Tessitore, born 26 July 1854. Both Gaetano and Mariana died before 1909.

My grandfather Francesco emigrated to Buenos Aires, Argentina around 1900. The name of his daughter, who was my mother, was Alma.

His 4 sisters remained in Italy They were living either in Sicily or in the region of Naples. Their names were
1. Emanuela Dato-Tessitore
2. Gilda Dato-Tessitore
3. Amalia Dato-Tessitore
4. Olga Dato-Tessitore --- she became a nun.

Emanuela married a signor Piazza and had 4 children:
1.Gaetano Piazza
2.Ernesto Piazza
3.Iolanda (Yolanda?)Piazza
4.Anna Piazza

My mother and I met several members of the family in Naples in 1962. According to what my mother wrote to my grandfather, their names were:
la zia Nelina (Emanuela???) de 88 anos
Yolanda
Anna e il suo marito (que es militar)
"Tanino", fratello di Anna e Yolanda (Gaetano Piazza?)
la suor Olga
Carmela (???) con il suio figlio di 21 anos.
Sara, la sorella de Carmela (???)
Sara ha una figlia Agata

Emanuela Dato Tessitore de Piazza: nata circa 1874 e morta 21 febbraio 1964 in Taranto, Italia.

I have photographs of some of these relatives.

I hope someone can help me! Grazie!

Gloria
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Famiglie Dato-Tessitore- Piazza

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
On the birth act of Francesco Emilio Dato Tessitore. born in Terranova di Sicilia, on 17 February 1880 shows he was married on Feb 20 1906 to Rachela Clementina Montero?? need some help with town of marriage
CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ansoria

Post by ansoria »

adelfio wrote:Welcome to IG website
On the birth act of Francesco Emilio Dato Tessitore. born in Terranova di Sicilia, on 17 February 1880 shows he was married on Feb 20 1906 to Rachela Clementina Montero?? need some help with town of marriage
CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty
Hello!
Yes , this is correct. He was married to Raquel Clementina Montero Cordiglia on 20 February 1906, in Nice, France. I do not have the name of the church.
Gloria
ansoria

Post by ansoria »

I have some more information on the children of Emanuela Piazza Dato, sister of Francisco Dato Tessitore:

1. Gaetano Piazza Dato, son of Emanuela, died 28 March 1965 in Taranto, Italia.

2. Ernesto Piazza Dato, son of Emanuela, was married to a lady whose first name was Mercedes.

3. Anna Piazza Dato was married to Iannone Gennaro, who was in the military, and possibly an officer, He invited the whole family to the Military Club for lunch, when my mother met them in 1962 in Naples.
ansoria

Post by ansoria »

ansoria wrote: Anna Piazza Dato was married to Iannone Gennaro, who was in the military, and possibly an officer, He invited the whole family to the Military Club for lunch, when my mother met them in 1962 in Naples.
Actually, the name of Anna Piazza's husband was probably GENNARO IANNONE. I found two photographs on the web of a young military officer with that name. He is listed as Gennaro Iannone, Sottotenente; Photo taken in 1913, in Turkey. He would have been around 65-70 years old, in 1962. That would make sense, since his mother-in-law, Emanuela Piazza, was 88 years old in 1962.

What I hope to find are living descendants of Emanuela Piazza Dato, the only sister of my grandfather who had children. Grazie!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Olgy

Post by Olgy »

Hi,
Surfing on the net, I ended here on this website...
I was reading your posts because your last name is almost
The same as mine but my last name is Datto, with 2 t's.
Just out of curiosity I don't know If there is some connection.
Well, I'm from Peru but my great grandfather was from Italy, Sicily.
Our last name is not very common I wonder if inItaly is a very common last name.
ansoria

Post by ansoria »

Yes, Dato is a very common name in Sicily, especially in the region of Palermo. It appears to be quite common in the region of Naples, as well. When I researched the Ellis Island records of emigrants to the United States, all the Datos or Dattos seemed to come from Sicily or Naples.