Pederana / Pedrana

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
theresa3

Pederana / Pedrana

Post by theresa3 »

Try in find out more info on my x3 great grandfather. Here is the info that I have to date:
His name is Louis / Luigi Antonio Pederana / Pedrana born c1757 Italy, died 1884 at Halyburton House, Kettins, Angus, Scotland. He was buried in Kettins Cemetery there is a gravestone marker in his name.

He worked for some time in the kitchens of the King of Sardinia (House of Savoy). He somehow turned up at around 1800 on the Isle of Barra, South Uist, Outer Hebrides, Scotland. While there he had one son John (not sure he he married the Mother). He was then employed by Lord Halyburton as a manservant until he died. He went on to married twice and producing a number of children. Have quite a bit of info on his later life and that of his children.

I would love to find more info of his life prior to coming to scotland and hopefully his family members. - I will keep my fingers crossed for info.

Thanks - Terri
Essgee
Master
Master

Re: Pederana / Pedrana

Post by Essgee »

According to the 1851 Scottish census, his approximate date of birth is 1836. This doesn't appear to be in line with the info you posted. And surely he wasn't born in 1757 as you stated. We need more names and dates that directly relate to Luigi.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1841 Scotland Census
about Luigi Pedrana
Name:Luigi Pedrana
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1836
Where born:Scotland
Civil parish:Kettins
County:Angus
Address:Hallyburton House
Parish Number:294
Household Members:
Name
Luigi Pedrana 5
Hannah Lindsay 45
Elizabeth Drummond 35
Catherine Armstrong 25
Margaret Buchanin 20
Peter Chalmers 60
There is also a Scotish site for records that are available for a cost per record
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jaderoberts

Post by jaderoberts »

he is my 5th great grandfather and i would love to hear more infomation
waxwing

Post by waxwing »

I am trying to find out more about Luis Pedrana from Uist (just out of interest, no family ties).

Just to check, is the House of Savoy connection for sure or speculative?
CM1107

Post by CM1107 »

I know this is an old post now but incase anyone comes back to it, I am a descendant of Louis Pedrana, and his son John Pedrana, in South Uist.
There is a rather large family of us here in South Uist still, but we now go by the name Peteranna - thanks to a spelling mistake on a birth registration..! I think this change happened 5 generations ago.
I know, from the stories my grandfather (Donald Joseph Peteranna) tells me, there was also a family who changed their name to Hannah, to sound more professional when moving to England.

I would love to hear some information from any of the Italian descendants if anyone has any.
Sammie127

Post by Sammie127 »

hello i am 99.9% sure that louis john antonio pedrana is my 4 times great grandfather and john hannah/peteranna/ pedrana is my 3 times great grandfather. would love to know if anymore has been found out about louis and if i have the right person.
Sammie127

Post by Sammie127 »

i believe this to be my 4 times great grandfather. i am from the Hannah line. Louis's first son John i believe to be my 3 times great grandfather. would love if anyone has found anymore out as i can see this post is a couple of years old. i am only just starting out finding my family tree. thankyou in advance :)