Looking for the Donnini Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
redhead5839

Looking for the Donnini Family

Post by redhead5839 »

:) I hoping for a location for the Donnini Family some where around Monterotondo, Rome, Italy. Please help. Thanks. Carol Carroll.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking for the Donnini Family

Post by brujaojos »

redhead5839 wrote: :) I hoping for a location for the Donnini Family some where around Monterotondo, Rome, Italy. Please help. Thanks. Carol Carroll.
Hi Carol,

If you give us some more information such as first and last names, approximate age, and where your family settled if especially if they came to the USA, we can help you try to find more clues on your family. The more information you give us, the more we can help you.

Also, do you have your ancestor's Naturalization records, Ellis Island record, or any document to state why you think the family came from Monterotondo?

If your family definitely came from Monterotondo, then the Family History Center has microfilm that you can order for about $3.50 a roll. However, the film is limited.

Here is the link for the film numbers
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

Here is the link to find the nearest Family History Center
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Hope this helps for now.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
redhead5839

Post by redhead5839 »

Trish: Thank you for writing back to me so quickly. I just found out that I was adopted. Now, that my adopted mother is deceased, I found some letters from Italy from a lady who was supposedly taking care of me and I found a small wallet-sized picture of a young boy. I think he is my brother. I found the name of the woman who took care of me. At least I think it's her, in an Italian white pages. I've been trying to contact her, but the phone just rings. She could be on vacation, so I'll keep trying. I'm going to try the websites you have kindly put in your response and go from there. Thank you again for responding, Trish. Carol Carroll
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

I was adopted also, and found my birthparents when I was 20. It can be a very exiting yet frustrating journey, I wish you all the luck in your search!

Jim Bianco
redhead5839

Post by redhead5839 »

Dear Jim: Thank you for your encouragement. How long did it take you to succeed and how did you do it? Carol.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

I found my birthname at 19 and the non-identifying just after. It took me about 2 weeks to piece my biological family together with certainty using the non-identifying info and her last name. I traveled to Boston, and was at the City Clerk's office almost daily. Massachusetts is a very tough state to deal with in this situation and it wasn't easy. I sent her a letter with my photo and the story of my life up to that point. She was so exited that she called my college and asked what class I would be in. Surprisingly they told her and she waited outside for me. As luck would have it I skipped!
We met the next morning and then a week later she introduced me to my biological father, and 3 of my grandparents. It was an amazing reunion, and we still talk almost every other week or so. I don't consider her my mother as nobody will ever take the place of the woman who lovingly raised and supported me throuout my life, my true Mom.

What state were you born in? There are some states that are very liberal with regards to adoption.

Jim
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

JamesBianco wrote:I was adopted also, and found my birthparents when I was 20. It can be a very exiting yet frustrating journey, I wish you all the luck in your search!

Jim Bianco
Dear Carol and Jim,

I too am an adoptee. Like Jim, I found information on my birth family. I always knew I was adopted. I was placed through Catholic Social Service where I was able to obtain non-identifying information. Because of my genealogical skills and knowing the right people, I found out my real name. I was then able to get my Baptismal Certificate as well as my hospital papers. From there I just used my detective skills and found my family.

If I tell you that because of genealogy, I was able to bring some of my birth family closer. They all help me still obtain information and pictures of my ancestors.

Also, many years ago, I was the Search Chairperson for the Adoption Forum of Philadelphia. I still kind of know the ins and outs of adoption research. Like Jim stated, some States have open records while most have sealed records. So tell us the State were adopted from.

Any way, tell us what you have and/or what you know about your birth family. Do you have any clues on your birth family? Do you have any documents to prove what you know? Do you remember ever hearing stories of them? An example, I remember my adoptive mom tell me (by accident) that I was named after my birthmother. Well, she was right. My birthmom's name is also Patricia. I think the best ironic thing was my name is Patricia Theresa and my birth-great-grandparents are Pasquale and Teresa.

Tell us what you know. If you ever need to talk, you can email me privately at brujaojos@yahoo.com

hugs to you
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

redhead5839 wrote:Trish: Thank you for writing back to me so quickly. I just found out that I was adopted. Now, that my adopted mother is deceased, I found some letters from Italy from a lady who was supposedly taking care of me and I found a small wallet-sized picture of a young boy. I think he is my brother. I found the name of the woman who took care of me. At least I think it's her, in an Italian white pages. I've been trying to contact her, but the phone just rings. She could be on vacation, so I'll keep trying. I'm going to try the websites you have kindly put in your response and go from there. Thank you again for responding, Trish. Carol Carroll
Hi Carol.. if you can send me the italian letters that you have, also the envelopes, I can understand ... it is possible to find... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH