Looking for information on my great grandfather

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
italiaRI

Looking for information on my great grandfather

Post by italiaRI »

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could help me find information, specifically on the birthplace, marriage, and naturalization date of my great grandfather? I can not find anything on where exactly he was born in Italy, but I have had relatives say he was born in or around Naples. I am also pretty sure that around 1935-1940 he was getting his "first papers" for naturalization, if that helps. I do not know if he got married in Italy or the United States. My great grandfather's name was Antonio Lautieri, he was born around the year of 1897, and he came to the United States around the year 1920 with his spouse Anna (Anna might have been an "americanized" version of her name, I'm not exactly sure), her maiden name was Corbo. He settled in Providence, Rhode Island and passed away there around the year 1970. He had a son named Angelo Lautieri, who went by the name Anthony, who was born in 1921 and passed away in 1987. He also had a few daughters as well.

Sorry for the large amount of text, but thank you for your help.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking for information on my great grandfather

Post by suanj »

HI,
Antonio LANDIERI/LAUDIERI with wife Anna CORBO immigrated in USA on Oct 12, 1920; coming from Marzano Appio ( Caserta province) shoemaker profession; mother Sabatina Marinelli in Marzano Appio; final destination: Giuseppe Laudieri brother in Providence, RI, USA; in USA from 1912 to 1920
First Name: Antonio
Last Name: Landieri
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Marzano App
Date of Arrival: Oct 12, 1920
Age at Arrival: 24y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Providence
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0015

pag 1 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0016
pag 2 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0016

U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Antonio Lontieri
Name: Antonio Lontieri
City: Providence
County: Providence
State: Rhode Island
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: Feb 1895
Race: White
Draft Board: 3
born in Marzano Appio..

U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 about Antonio Lautieri
Name: Antonio Lautieri
Birth Date: 10 Feb 1896
Birth Place: Italy
Residence: Providence, Rhode Island
Race: White

next of kin: Joseph Lautieri brother
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Great work Suanj a little more help
Shipmanifest of Sabatina Marinelli LINE #22
Marinelli, Sabatina a widow
Born in Marzano, Appio, Italy
Age 61 1860
Arrived 1921
Going to see son Giuseppe Lautieri at 725 Charles St Providence RI
PG 1
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0022

PG 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0022

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
italiaRI

Post by italiaRI »

Thank you for the information. I greatly appreciate it.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thank you Marty! It is very interesting the ship's manifest of Sabatina!
Bye,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You can write for their marriage record for more info since Family History Library films of Marzano Appio are only til 1860's

Comune di Marzano Appio
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Roma 102
81035 Marzano Appio (CE)
Italy

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da Marzano Appio . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di queste persone
Nome e cognome del marito: Antonio Lautieri/Laudieri
Nome e cognome della moglie: Anna Corbo
Luogo di matrimonio:Marzano Appio
Data di matrimonio: 1916-1920
Vi chiedo di spedirmi l’delle fotocopie dei atti di matrimoni
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME EMAIL ADDRESS RETURN SELF ADDRESS ENVELOPE NO STAMPMarty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
italiaRI

Post by italiaRI »

Thank you for the template, but I do have one question. Should I also include possible other last names, like Laudieri or Landieri?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I edited the post

Marty

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

italiaRI wrote:Thank you for the template, but I do have one question. Should I also include possible other last names, like Laudieri or Landieri?
In Marzano Appio are the surnames: LAUDIERI and LAUTIERI.. I believe that the right surname spelling of your ancestor was Laudieri..
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
bbourne

Post by bbourne »

Italia RI

Your GGF Antonio Lautieri (nee Laudieri) is my GM's younger brother. My gram was (Maria) Luisa Lautieri Lancia. My GGM was also Sabatina Marinellli. Giuseppe was their older brother. Sabatina came to live with Giuseppe to care for his children.
She died in RI in 1929.

Was your grandfather Angelo a Providence police officer?

Both my grandmothers came from Marzano Appio. My paternal GM's family visits Marzano often.

Laudieri is the family name in Italy. Allegedly, they arrived with Frederic Barbarossa in the 12th century to serve as notaries and administrators. The mtdna of Sabatina's line is of N. German or Scandanavian extraction.

I'd be happy to send you whatever info or photos I have.

BB
italiaRI

Post by italiaRI »

bbourne wrote:Italia RI

Your GGF Antonio Lautieri (nee Laudieri) is my GM's younger brother. My gram was (Maria) Luisa Lautieri Lancia. My GGM was also Sabatina Marinellli. Giuseppe was their older brother. Sabatina came to live with Giuseppe to care for his children.
She died in RI in 1929.

Was your grandfather Angelo a Providence police officer?

Both my grandmothers came from Marzano Appio. My paternal GM's family visits Marzano often.

Laudieri is the family name in Italy. Allegedly, they arrived with Frederic Barbarossa in the 12th century to serve as notaries and administrators. The mtdna of Sabatina's line is of N. German or Scandanavian extraction.

I'd be happy to send you whatever info or photos I have.

BB
Yes, my grandfather was a Providence police officer. I'm extremely sorry about the late response. That's very interesting information you have about our ancestors though!
bbourne

Post by bbourne »

ItaliaRI,

Thanks for the response. Is your mother Angelo's oldest or youngest daughter? The last time I saw your family was after the Angelo's youngest daughter was born. I played 45 records with his older daughter, who was then my age, about 10. ???Paula???

I was sorry to hear the youngest daughter passed away. She looked exactly like my mom's sister younger sister Nancy!!

My mom was Angelo's 1st cousin. Anna Maria Lancia Lonardo. She was the oldest daughter of Frank and Luisa (Lautieri) Lancia, your GGF's sister and the oldest granddaughter of Sabbatina Marinelli.

Let me know if you need information and thanks for connecting. Barbra Lonardo
italiaRI

Post by italiaRI »

Yes, Paula was her name. She was Angelo's older daughter. She passed away in 1996. My mother, Gina, was Angelo's younger daughter. She is 53 years old, and her married name is Pettine. Angelo also had a son, Michael, who passed away quite young, around the age of 7. You might have not known him, because he passed away when Paula was 4, and my Mother had not even been born yet. Both Angelo, and his wife, Lucy, have passed away. Angelo also had 3 sisters, Romilda, Mafalda, and Anne. They have also passed away. Did you ever meet them?
bbourne

Post by bbourne »

ItaliaRI

Sorry for the delayed response. Technical difficulties.

Your Aunt Paula and I were about the same age. I do not remember Angelo and Lucy having a son; but, I would have been a small child when he died.

Sorry for the confusion with your mother and your aunt. Glad to hear your mother is well. Gina Pettine?? Any relation to Judge Pettine's family???

Did Paula die as a result of a head injury from an accident??? I'm working with memories of an old obituary....and something about a nursing home stay.

I know Angelo died in the 1980's (?); not sure about his wife, Lucy. I remember Angelo's sister Mafalda, but not Anne or Romilda. My mom and I saw a lot of Mafalda when I young; I don't remember seeing her after middle school.

My mother's youngest sister Lucy Hart was close with Angelo and Lucy. Her husband Bob Hart was also a Providence Police Officer. My Aunt Lucy is alive, 86 yrs old and still lives in Providence on Bismarck Street.

Did you ever get a marriage certificate or birth certificate for GGM Sabatina Marinelli? When visited Marzano in 2011, I sent a relative to retrieve Sabatina's birth cert, but he didn't get the correct one, I'm sure. I have her death cert, if you would like a copy.

Per Sabatina's death cert, her father was Angelo Marinelli and her mother Antonia (unknown). I also verified this on my GM Luisa's birth, death and marriage certs.

My best to you and your mother after sooooo many years.

Barbra Bourne
italiaRI

Post by italiaRI »

Yes, my father Eric is related to Judge Raymond Pettine and also Giuseppe Pettine, a notable mandolin player, I believe. You are correct that Paula once did get a bad head injury, and she was in a nursing home 6 months before she died. Paula actually died from complications due to ALS. She was 44 years old. My grandmother Lucy died in the year 2001 of natural causes. Lucy was around 75 years old. Angelo died of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in January of 1987. Angelo was around 64 years old. Also, I never got any of the birth or death certificates that I wanted to, as my interest in it faded away after a while. It also seemed quite hard, as I most likely would have had to get it through snail mail, and considering it is a pretty rural area, it seems, I thought I would most likely not get a response. I would be interested in the death certificate you have though. I would like to know if there is any shipping fees though. If you're able to send it, just tell me and we can exchange personal information such as addresses and the like in private messages.