Military Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
susiea

Military Records

Post by susiea »

Hello Everyone - I am trying to trace my grandfather back to Frosolone, Italy but am having no success. I just read where Italian males were required to register for the draft board. Even if he left Italy before the age of 18, he should be registered, is that correct? Does anyone know where I could find these records and are they available online anywhere? Many thanks.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Military Records

Post by adelfio »

You will have to email the ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI CAMPOBASSO
E-mail: as-cb@beniculturali.it

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI CAMPOBASSO
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva di NAME OF PERSON classe di nascita YEARBORN.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di leva di:NAME OF PERSON nato a Frosolone il YEARBORN.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL ADDRESS
IF THE INFORMATION SUANJ GAVE YOU IS CORRECT ON YOUR OLD POST ABOUT GIUSEPPE D'AMORE HE MIGHT NOT HAVE A MILITARY RECORD TO YOUNG I WOULD GO WITH THE FHL FILMS
PREVIOUS THREAD
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/t ... ml#p192011
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
susiea

Post by susiea »

Thank you very much for your reply. I have been looking at the FHL films and have found nothing yet. Everything seems to be a dead end. It's like my grandfather does not want to be found! :(
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Marty, is that email address good for all Italian comunes? My grandfather and his brothers served in the Italian military during World War I and they came from the commune of Altamura in the province of Bari. Ron
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

rp76226 wrote:Marty, is that email address good for all Italian comunes? My grandfather and his brothers served in the Italian military during World War I and they came from the commune of Altamura in the province of Bari. Ron
Archivio di Stato di Bari
e-mail: as-ba@beniculturali.it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thank you.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Not all State Archives conserved the conscription lists. Frosinone didn't. They only have the records for those who actually served.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.