Anthony Bowman or Boni Query

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
michaelrp1

Anthony Bowman or Boni Query

Post by michaelrp1 »

I am new to this Italian Genealogy site. I am looking for documentation of my 4th great grandfather Anthony Bowman or Boni, date of birth June 12, 1770 in Roma, Italy and information about Anthony’s parents.

Anthony immigrated to the USA in 1799 with a young son John who was born in 1797 in Roma, Italy. John married Martha Goding in 1822 in New York, New York. I think John Bowman is the one who appears as the Head of Family on the 1830 US census, Boston Ward 12, Suffolk, Massachusetts, page 415.

I have no information on Anthony Boni’s wife. My current information came from older family members with no documentation. Any help would be most appreciated.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Anthony Bowman or Boni Query

Post by Italysearcher »

For this you will need to know the parish he lived in. Then the parish records can be searched. They are held at the Vicariato di Roma but they won't search without a parish name.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
michaelrp1

Re: Anthony Bowman or Boni Query

Post by michaelrp1 »

Thank you for the information.