Leo Capra (Crapa) Born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy in 1800s

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Beatles78

Leo Capra (Crapa) Born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy in 1800s

Post by Beatles78 »

Hello,

I have an ancestor named Antonino (Anthony) Capra (or Crapa) who was born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy on 12/3/1857, dying on 5/24/1945 in Cook County, IL. (He immigrated in 1890) He was married to Rosa Cicirello, also born in 1857 in Corleone, Sicily Italy...she immigrated in 1903, and died in 1939.

Does anyone have any additional information on Anthony's parents -- Leo Capra and Josephine (no maiden name). Neither of them immigrated to the United States...and I do not have either of their birthdates.

Any information or records on their birth or marriage...or death would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Stephanie
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Leo Capra (Crapa) Born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy in 180

Post by adelfio »

Beatles78 wrote:Hello,

I have an ancestor named Antonino (Anthony) Capra (or Crapa) who was born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy on 12/3/1857, dying on 5/24/1945 in Cook County, IL. (He immigrated in 1890) He was married to Rosa Cicirello, also born in 1857 in Corleone, Sicily Italy...she immigrated in 1903, and died in 1939.

Does anyone have any additional information on Anthony's parents -- Leo Capra and Josephine (no maiden name). Neither of them immigrated to the United States...and I do not have either of their birthdates.

Any information or records on their birth or marriage...or death would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Stephanie
Welcome to IG website here is the Baptism record of Antonio Crapa
1857 Dec 3rd in the town of Corleone baptism of Antonio Crapa son of Leoneluca(Leonardo) Crapa and Giuseppa BLANDA
PG LINK BOTTOM LEFT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1031163512

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Marty
The link you posted is for a marriage record from another town in Sicily.
Erudita
Beatles78

Post by Beatles78 »

Hi Marty!

Thank you - I'm so glad i found this site...as I've been at a standstill with my Crapa line for awhile. :)

Thank you so much for your quick response and the information! However, that link you gave me looks like it is to a marriage certificate, not a baptismal record. Did you attach the wrong link, by chance?

Otherwise, thank you! Do you see any further birth/marriage records of Leonardo or Giuseppa so I can acquire birthdates on them and go back further?

Thanks again!!
Stephanie
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

erudita74 wrote:Marty
The link you posted is for a marriage record from another town in Sicily.
Erudita
Thank you Erudita I edited it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Leonelucca Crapa and Giuseppa Blanda
familysearch.org
Italy, Palermo, Diocesi d...Church Records, 1531-1998
Corleone
San Martino
Matrimoni 1856-1871
Image 12 of 356
PG LINK TOP LEFT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1567892333
1856 Aug 29 in the church of San Martino in Corleone the marriage of Leonelucca Crapa son of Antonio Crapa and Maria Alfonso marry to Giuseppa Blanda daughter of Bernardi Blanda and Nicoletta Alonsa

CLICK FOR RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Marriage of Antonio Crapa and Maria Alfonso

Italy, Palermo, Diocesi d...Church Records, 1531-1998
Corleone
San Martino
Matrimoni 1798-1832
Image 512 of 592
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n578256703

1826 Feb??(NEED SOME HELP) in the church of San Martino in Corleone the marriage of Antonio Crapa son of Leonelucca Crapa and Salvatrice Marsalisi married to Maria Alfonso daughter of Giuseppe Alfonso and Blaise Mammina
CLICK FOR RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE 2ND DOWN ON RIGHT

Marty

Marty