Newbie, looking for assitance Bedonia area

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
derosier

Newbie, looking for assitance Bedonia area

Post by derosier »

Hi. I am looking for assistance finding ancestor/descendants of my grandparents who were married in the Bedonia region in approx. 1907. Shortly (almost immediately) thereafter they immigrated to USA and settled in San Rafael (Marin County) CA

Any assistance in where to go for ancestor information on either/both of them would be so very appreciated. I do have ancestor names for Antonio (my grandfather) as far back as his grandparents. (Giovanni Dallara 1806-1884, Angela Brentani 1810-1888) and his parents were Luigi Dallara 1840-1920 and Maria Iacoppi (Jacoppi?) 1815-1895. I do not have ancestor information for my grandmother Maria Cresci.

Here is who my grandparents were:

Anthony Dallara
DOB 7/4/1882
Born in or near Strela Parma Italy

Maria Cesci
DOB 7/28/1888
Born in or near Porgatone Italy

Maria (or her sister Angelina) lived at Via Ceio#5
Bedonia
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Newbie, looking for assitance Bedonia area

Post by Tessa78 »

derosier wrote:Hi. I am looking for assistance finding ancestor/descendants of my grandparents who were married in the Bedonia region in approx. 1907. Shortly (almost immediately) thereafter they immigrated to USA and settled in San Rafael (Marin County) CA

Any assistance in where to go for ancestor information on either/both of them would be so very appreciated. I do have ancestor names for Antonio (my grandfather) as far back as his grandparents. (Giovanni Dallara 1806-1884, Angela Brentani 1810-1888) and his parents were Luigi Dallara 1840-1920 and Maria Iacoppi (Jacoppi?) 1815-1895. I do not have ancestor information for my grandmother Maria Cresci.

Here is who my grandparents were:

Anthony Dallara
DOB 7/4/1882
Born in or near Strela Parma Italy

Maria Cesci
DOB 7/28/1888
Born in or near Porgatone Italy

Maria (or her sister Angelina) lived at Via Ceio#5
Bedonia

Could you mean BORGOTARO? This is near Bedonia in Parma Province...
Formerly called Borgo Val di Taro...

OR - possibly PORCIGATONE? a small hamlet of Borgotaro...

EDIT TO ADD:

I located an arrival manifest for Antonio Dellara (24) and Maria Cresci Dellara (18) in November 1906, departing Havre and arriving NY, on La Provence.
They both list their place of birth (and last residence) as COMPIANO which is also in Province of Parma...

T.
derosier

Post by derosier »

Thank you. How generous of you to spend your time looking up their manifest!!! I have various records saying different locations. But they are later in their lives and perhaps their memories weren't as sharp. Noni's ID (application to become citizen) prior to them becoming citizens says Porargatone, and Nonu's says Strela. I do realize spelling gets changed when being written by someone other than the immigrant.

What Comune would you recommend I write to to seek birth records...or should I?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

derosier wrote:Thank you. How generous of you to spend your time looking up their manifest!!! I have various records saying different locations. But they are later in their lives and perhaps their memories weren't as sharp. Noni's ID (application to become citizen) prior to them becoming citizens says Porargatone, and Nonu's says Strela. I do realize spelling gets changed when being written by someone other than the immigrant.

What Comune would you recommend I write to to seek birth records...or should I?
FYI - Strela is a frazione (hamlet) of Compiano :-)

I would write to all!

Here is the address for Compiano (indicate that they may have lived in Strela)
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Marco Rossi Sidoli, 3
43053 Compiano (PR)
ITALY

And for Bedonia
Piazza Caduti per la Patria, 1
43041 Bedonia (PR)
ITALY

For Porcigatone you should write to Borgo Val Di Taro, but indicate that they were from the frazione of Porcigatone.
Piazza Manara, 6
43043 Borgo Val di Taro (PR)
ITALY

Write your request in Italian...
Help with letter
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html

T.
derosier

Post by derosier »

Again...THANK YOU
fionaratti

Post by fionaratti »

Hello, my great grandmother was Maria Dallara, born circa 1850. I am assuming although not certain she was the sister of Bernardo Dallara born 1854. I have no direct information re your ancestors, however I have found an extraordinary article from Oxford journals about the Orsanti - bear trainers of which the Dallara family were one of the key families from Compiano, Bedonia area. Hope you can find it, I had to pay to get access, but it was well worth it, good luck.
dallara5

Post by dallara5 »

Wow this is great info. Thank you all. I am Derosier's sister and this is very helpful and greatly appreciated! :D
derosier

Post by derosier »

How fascinating!!! Thank you fionaratti! And Tessa78!!!