Castel Castagna Abruzzo

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
JoBuj
Rookie
Rookie

Castel Castagna Abruzzo

Post by JoBuj »

I believe this is a small village. Is it possible to find the name of the local parish? I was told when my relatives came one sister stayed to marry, the man died and she served the priest there. I would like to address inquires to the church. Joann
ptimber
Master
Master

Castel Castagna Abruzzo

Post by ptimber »

I suspect the church in Castel Castagna is closed down or is serfved by an itinerant priest. Write to the Ufficio del Sindaco (Mayors office(, Comune di Castel Castagna, Postale 64030, Provincia Teramo, Abruzzo region and ask him where church records masy be found. Peter
JoBuj
Rookie
Rookie

Castel Castagna Abruzzo

Post by JoBuj »

Can this letter be in English? Or is there possibly a form letter somewhere on line to your knowledge? Joann
ptimber
Master
Master

Castel Castagna Abruzzo

Post by ptimber »

English is the second language in Italian schools so a very simple english is sufficient. Just be sure you ask specifically for what you want. Emclose a self addressed envelope and a dollar inside for stamps (shows good faith effort on yhour part). The letter should read My name is. I am from a family that lived in Castel Castagna. My relative who lived in Castel Castagna was.... name. I want o know the name of the church where my relative....name was employed. I understand the church may not be open in Castel Castagna........sentences like this underfstand? peter
JoBuj
Rookie
Rookie

Castel Castagna Abruzzo

Post by JoBuj »

Again thanks. Joann
ptimber
Master
Master

Castel Castagna Abruzzo

Post by ptimber »

Please let me know what happens. In the meantime I will keep my eye open for come church contact in Abruzzo. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Castel Castagna Abruzzo

Post by ptimber »

You may wish to write the same letter to the church itself B.V. Maria di Ronzano, Comune di Castel Castagna, Postale 64030, Via Piano, Provincia Teramo, Abruzzo, Italy. Peter