Proof that MGF never naturalized

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
chach337

Proof that MGF never naturalized

Post by chach337 »

Does anyone know how I can obtain sufficient proof that my maternal grandfather never naturalized? I tried an index search with USCIS, but without a death cert (he's still alive), I can't conduct one. Previously, I had a third party conduct a records search, and they explained that without my grandfather's consent, I could not get the records. I now have his consent, but I have no clue how to obtain the actual proof that he was never naturalized. I'm not sure what form to submit to USCIS. Should I request the records with his consent? Or will it be faster if he requests the records (or lack there of) on his own? I'm sorry if this is a common question. I can't seem to find a straight forward answer.
mler
Master
Master

Re: Proof that MGF never naturalized

Post by mler »

Is this for Italian citizenship?

If so, you don't need documentation. Your grandfather completes the form "Declaration of Living Ascendent" stating he never gave up his Italian citizenship. If your grandfather was born in Italy, he should register in AIRE at his local consulate. That would simplify things tremendously. The registration form is available on line at his consulate's web site.