ZABARELLA in Padua (Padova) - my grandmother

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ccapplin

ZABARELLA in Padua (Padova) - my grandmother

Post by ccapplin »

Hi,

I'm trying to trace the family of my grandmother. I have a few details and dates:

Name: Clara Guiseppena ZABARELLA
Birth: 10 Aug 1924 in Padua (as far as I have been told)
Married: Laurence Alfred William MARCHESE

All the following details could use verification, but are fairly certain based on family stories:

Father: Luigi ZABARELLA
Birth: 15 Dec 1892, Nanto
Death: 11 Apr 1945, Austrian Concentration Camp

Sister: Ada ZABARELLA
Birth/Death (approx): 1926 - 1943

Brother: Aldo ZABARELLA
Birth (approx): 1922

Any help would be fantastic!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: ZABARELLA in Padua (Padova) - my grandmother

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
You will have to write for records because the birth records online of Paduva only go to 1910 I would start with writing for Clara Guiseppena Zabarella birth act in Padova and get Luigi Zabarella birth on film at a Family History Center near you
FAMILY HISTORY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

If your sure of the birth date and birth town of Luigi heres the film you will need
Nati, matrimoni, pubblicazioni, allegati matrimoniali, morti, diversi 1892 Family History Library INTL Film# 1810164
Registri dello stato civile di Nanto (Vicenza), 1806-1900 films
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Hi

I found this entry for Luigi Zabarella in a data base of prisoners in the lager of Bolzano/Bozen during WWII

"“Zabarella Luigi born in Nanto (Vicenza province) december 15 1892, clerk
Was deported from Bolzano to Mauthausen January 8 1945 Died here April 11 1945”

The book is very interesting there is the link
http://www.yumpu.com/it/document/view/1 ... goni-dario

Also in the data base of Mauthausen Memorial
http://en.mauthausen-memorial.at/db/adm ... tart=39800
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

In addition to the (great) record Paola found, this is the same reference from the site Ancestry.com:

Austria, Mauthausen/Gusen Concentration Camp Death Record Books , 1938-1945

Name: Luigi Zabarella
Birth Date: 15 Dec 1892
Birth Place: Nanto ?
Mauthaus #: 115836
Nationality: Italien (Italy)
Arrest Reason: Schutz (Protective custody)
Night and Fog: No
Profession: Beamter (Official / officer)
Death Date: 11 Apr 1945
Arrival Date: 1945
Source: AMM Y/36; (E/13/1)

Laura
ccapplin

Post by ccapplin »

Thanks all so much!
giampy100

Post by giampy100 »

Hello, I'm Gian Pietro Zabarella. I read for case your search.
I live in Monselice, in Italy, in the province of Padua. My father, sadly died last February, is Aldo Zabarella. He was born in 1928 in Nanto. Surely he would have more precise details but, with the precious help of my mother, I can tell you that Luigi Zabarella should be the brother of my grandfather. So Ada and Aldo were ​​my father's cousins. My mother remembers that Luigi died in a concentration camp, that Aldo, born in 1923, was a policeman. My mother says to have even a foto's Ada. She remembers also that a my father's cousin (she does not remember her name) married a British soldier came in Italy during the war. She should have had 10 children.
If you think there are many coincidences you can contact me again so I'll try to inform me more to add it other details.
Best regards.
Gian Pietro Zabarella
ccapplin

Post by ccapplin »

Hi Gian! Many thanks to you and your mother and I am sorry to hear of your father's passing.

There are many coincidences there! It was my grandmother, Clara, that married a British soldier, Laurence, (whose father was also Italian) during the war and, as you said, had 10 children (my mother included). One of them, my uncle, was born in Italy; his name is Jon-Luigi Marchese.

That you so much for what you have told me. Do you have any more details? Could you tell me your father's parents names please?

Best regards,
Francesca
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Military Leva for Luigi Zabarella son of Pellegrino Zabarella and Giuditta Pirasco born in Nanto 15/dicembre/1892

PG LINK
http://www.arsas.org/leva/article/91081-zabarella-luigi

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ccapplin

Post by ccapplin »

Thank you Marty!
I have been hoping to get further details for many years but with no luck.

I am very grateful to you for finding this!

Francesca
bzabarella@gmx.de

Post by bzabarella@gmx.de »

Ciao!!!
Sono Bettina Maria Clara Zabarella, figlia di Aldo Zabarella il fratello di Clara e Ada, Ada uccisa verso la fine della sec. guerra mondiale, Clara che è migrata in Inghilterra. Penso sia stata una sua figlia ad iniziare la ricerca di sua nonna che sarebbe quindi la nostra nonna, Maria Lidia Locatelli, in Zabarella, poi vedova di Luigi Zabarella, Maresciallo dei Carabinieri e morto a Mauthausen.
Proprio in questi giorni sto sfogliando una scatola con delle foto di famiglia ed della corrispondenza, cercando ancora di capire come erano andate le cose allora. Siccome mio padre se ne è andato quando io ero ancora piccola, non c'era abbastanza tempo per farmi raccontare tutto da lui di persona. La mia idea dunque mi sono fatta da frammenti di racconti di parenti e di mia mama, e poi scrivendo la mia tesi su Beppe Fenoglio. Ho comunque molte domande ancora e tengo le foto di Ada e di Clara, dei nonni e di amici e colleghi, la lettera di nostra nonna che chiedeva notizie di suo marito, Luigi Zabarella, dopo che lui era stato catturato e tante lettere che Clara dall'inghilterra inviò alla sua Mama in Italia...
Spero questo messaggio ti raggiungia e sarei lieta di ricevere le tue notizie! Bettina
ccapplin1

Post by ccapplin1 »

Ciao!

Sono la figlia di Geraldine. Geraldine è la figlia di Clara. Da molti anni cerco informazioni su Maria Lidia Locatelli (Zabarella). Sono così sorpreso di leggere la tua risposta. Sono così felice di sentire che hai foto di Ada e mia nonna Clara. Ho solo poche foto del periodo in cui mia nonna era in Italia. Mia madre è così felice che tu abbia lettere di mia nonna. Non sapeva che sua madre stava ancora scrivendo alla sua famiglia.

Saresti felice di condividere le foto e le lettere con me? Ho alcune foto della famiglia Zabarella, compreso tuo padre Aldo.

Spero che questo scritto abbia un senso. Sto utilizzando Google Translate.

Sarei felice di sentirti di nuovo.

Francesca