DeTora Family From Teano Area

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
demari18
Elite
Elite

DeTora Family From Teano Area

Post by demari18 »

I am looking for some help regarding the DeTora family from the Teano area of Campania. My husband and I will be traveling to that area in the fall and I hope to obtain as much information as I can about the family before leaving.

I have located the birth records for my husband's grandfather, Palmino DeTora (b. October 26, 1883 - d. January 23, 1941), through friends on Italian Genealogy.com and know that his parents were Andrea DeTora (b. about 1848 - d. July 5, 1905) and Marta Pisano.

I have been trying to locate Andrea and Marta's wedding record by searching on Ancestry.com. I located a marriage record for Carmina DeTora and Giovanni Caruso on October 7, 1897 in Teano. Carmina was Palmino's half sister. On the wedding record it shows her father as Andrea and her mother as Maria A???? Montuori.

Because Palmino was born in 1883 I started looking in the year 1880 for Andrea's second marriage to Marta. What showed up in 1880 #33 page 28 was a marriage record for Marta Pisano to Berrigno (or maybe Benigo) DeTora. Berrigno's parents were Vincenzo DeTora and Angela Minicucci who are Andrea's parents also. So it seems that Marta was married to Andrea's brother before marrying Andrea.

I searched the years 1881 and 1882 and 44 pages of 1883 without finding a record for Andrea and Marta's marriage. Hopefully someone can help me locate that record.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: DeTora Family From Teano Area

Post by Tessa78 »

demari18 wrote:I am looking for some help regarding the DeTora family from the Teano area of Campania. My husband and I will be traveling to that area in the fall and I hope to obtain as much information as I can about the family before leaving.

I have located the birth records for my husband's grandfather, Palmino DeTora (b. October 26, 1883 - d. January 23, 1941), through friends on Italian Genealogy.com and know that his parents were Andrea DeTora (b. about 1848 - d. July 5, 1905) and Marta Pisano.

I have been trying to locate Andrea and Marta's wedding record by searching on Ancestry.com. I located a marriage record for Carmina DeTora and Giovanni Caruso on October 7, 1897 in Teano. Carmina was Palmino's half sister. On the wedding record it shows her father as Andrea and her mother as Maria A???? Montuori.

Because Palmino was born in 1883 I started looking in the year 1880 for Andrea's second marriage to Marta. What showed up in 1883 #33 page 28 was a marriage record for Marta Pisano to Berrigno (or maybe Benigo) DeTora. Berrigno's parents were Vincenzo DeTora and Angela Minicucci who are Andrea's parents also. So it seems that Marta was married to Andrea's brother before marrying Andrea.

I searched the years 1881 and 1882 and 44 pages of 1883 without finding a record for Andrea and Marta's marriage. Hopefully someone can help me locate that record.
According to the record, Carmina's mother's name was Maria Amalia Montuori :-)

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... T:93591628

T.
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Thank you Tessa! Demari
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Demari :D

I have been unable to find the marriage act that your referenced in 1883 for Marta Pisano and Benigno De Tora. Can you post the link?

T.
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Oops! I put in the wrong year. It was 1880, #33, page 28 for Teano. Sorry. I can't do the link as I use the Ancestry site at the senior center in my town and won't be going there until next Wednesday.
Thank you - Demari
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

demari18 wrote:Oops! I put in the wrong year. It was 1880, #33, page 28 for Teano. Sorry. I can't do the link as I use the Ancestry site at the senior center in my town and won't be going there until next Wednesday.
Thank you - Demari
Thanks! I'll take a look.

T.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

demari18 wrote:Oops! I put in the wrong year. It was 1880, #33, page 28 for Teano. Sorry. I can't do the link as I use the Ancestry site at the senior center in my town and won't be going there until next Wednesday.
Thank you - Demari
I corrected the original post with the change to the birth year. :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Grazie, nuccia :D !

Demari,

While searching for the marriage record of Andrea and Marta, I located the Allegati di Matrimonio for the marriage of Palmino and Liberina in 1906.
This is the collection of documents that the couple needed to present to the official to get married. There are some wonderful documents included, and among them is an extract of the death record for Andrea De Tora in 1905, July 4, in Comune di Caianello.

Here is the link (but if you can't access Ancestry using this link - it is in the Teano records, Allegati di Matrimonio, 1906 - page/image 550 of 676)

http://interactive.ancestry.com/1893/31 ... 1263-00174

T.
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Thank you so much!!!! I will check all that out next week when I go to my senior center to access Ancestry.com. DeMari