Antonio Failla and Family from Castelbuono

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: Antonio Failla and Family from Castelbuono

Post by siskojnash »

Is there a birth record for an Anna Mazzola born in 1874 or about that year? That was the wife of Giuseppe Abbate, according to my records. Antonia's sister, maybe?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

First of all ages vari in some records in genealogy research so be open minded toward ages and locations on records(HUMAN ERROR)
Giuseppe Abbate link Im still trying to figure out

I found the 1867 marriage allegati of Luigi Failla and Anna Raimondo
This the marriage info from the other post
1867 Nov 14th in the town of Castelbuono marriage of Luigi Failla age 26 farmer son of deceased Michelangelo Failla and Antonia Raimondo
married to Anna Raimondo age 24 daughter of deceased Vincenzo Raimondo and ANTONIA ABBATE
Allegati cover page
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n592567322

Birth Record of Luigi Failla
1843 Nov 6th in the town of Castelbuono birth of Luigi Failla son of Michelangelo Failla age 28 (1815) farmer and Anna Antonia Raimondo age 26 (1817)

PG LINK TO RECORD

BIRTH RECORD OF ANNA RAIMONDO
1842 Dec 14th in the town of Castelbuono birth of Anna Raimondo daughter of Vincenzo Raimondo age 34(1808)and Antonia Abbate age 22(1820)
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Pietro Mazzola and Santa Marinesi
INDEX# 16
1871 Feb 11th in the town of Castelbuono Pietro Mazzola age 32 son of Vincenzo Mazzola and Anna Maria Coco married to Santa Marinese age 18 daughter of deceased Vincenzo Marinese and Antonia Mazzola
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... X:33170596

CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you! By the way, I was noticing that birth records for Castelbuono don't seem to go back all that far. Do you think the family search site is in the process of digitizing earlier records, if they exist?
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I was just checking the Allegati record you sent me for the birth of Luigi Failla and seeing that it said 1867-1872, yet his birth was in 1843. What are these records, and how far back would you think they would actually cover. I thought the Nati ones were the birth records. I would have thought those records would have covered something from 1867 to 1872, not so much earlier.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

siskojnash wrote:I was just checking the Allegati record you sent me for the birth of Luigi Failla and seeing that it said 1867-1872, yet his birth was in 1843. What are these records, and how far back would you think they would actually cover. I thought the Nati ones were the birth records. I would have thought those records would have covered something from 1867 to 1872, not so much earlier.

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Tat's why marriage allegati is a gold mine when it comes to research
About Italian records
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records

Marty

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

1876 - Anna Failla - Sister of Antonio Failla.jpg
Could you please translate this document? It's been taking a little while, but I think I'm beginning to get the hang of reading the handwriting of some of these documents. At least enough to find Antonio Failla's sister. I wonder if she got married or what happened to her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#100
1876 Mar 11th in the town of Castelbuono birth of Anna Failla daughter of Luigi Failla farmer and Anna Raimondo delivered by Maria Scialabbo age 60 midwife residing in Castelbuono

Marty

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you!
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Could you please translate the Giuseppe Failla part, and tell me who the parents are for Mariano Cusimano and Natala Mazzola? Giuseppe is definitely a family member also. I have a page 2 for that, but I couldn't figure out how to put two things in a message. I'll post that next.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Here is the second part of the Giuseppe Failla record.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

MARKED GIUSEPPE FAILLA BIRTH ACT
CLICK ON IMAGE

Marty

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you so much! According to this record, the father of Anna Raimondo was deceased Giuseppe. Another record said Vincenzo Raimondo and Antonia Abbate were her parents. This has me wondering which name is correct.