Looking for info on Sariti or Gianguzzi familes from Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
comerformy

Looking for info on Sariti or Gianguzzi familes from Sicily

Post by comerformy »

:) Looking for any info on Antonino Sariti and Angelina Gianguzzi...or their families. Antonino was born in Frazzano, Via Liberta, Messina on November 20, 1877, and Angelina was born in 1888 (I have no location yet). I believe they both came to America in 1901 - but they were not married then. He came alone and she came with her mother and brothers. Thanks. :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for info on Sariti or Gianguzzi familes from Sic

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the site here is Angelina Gianguzzi family census 1910 is this right
1910 United States Federal Census
about Angiolina Gianguzzi Name: Angiolina Gianguzzi
Age in 1910: 22
Estimated Birth Year: 1888
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Antonio Gianguzzi
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Name: Francesca Gianguzzi
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Home in 1910: Manhattan Ward 19, New York, New York
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Year of Immigration: 1901
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Antonio Gianguzzi 43
Francesca Gianguzzi 43
Angiolina Gianguzzi 22
Vincent Gianguzzi 19
Salvatore C Gianguzzi 16
Lorenzo Gianguzzi 12
Antonio Gianguzzi passport record click on prompt
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6728/giazz.jpg
Says that he was born in comune di Frazzone province of Messina Sicily on Oct 22 1866
So its a pretty good chance that the Gianguzzi's stayed in that area its as small town
Also there are films available from Family History Library for comune di Frazzone province of Messina Sicily birth and marriage records 1821-1910 click on the prompt
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... i+Frazzan2++
Family history Library locator
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
comerformy

Post by comerformy »

Thanks so much for the info. I do have that record - but I did not know about the film link.... I am unable to find when Angiolina came to America - no passenger list for her or her mother and brothers - even though 1910 census says they arrived in 1901. They may have not come to NY, so I am looking at that, too.
comerformy

Post by comerformy »

Marty! I found a Family History Library within 15 miles of our house. We're going on on Sunday. Thank you so much!!!!
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

I am unable to find when Angiolina came to America - no passenger list for her or her mother and brothers - even though 1910 census says they arrived in 1901.
Hi,

from the site Ellisisland.org the 1901 arrival manifest:

28 october 1901:

Giancuzzi Angela, age 14, single from Frazzano travelling with her mother Perrona? Francesca (maiden name) and siblings Vincenzo age 11, Custode-Salvatore age 7 and Lorenzo age 4. Going to NYC to join their father/husband Antonino Giancuzzi living on 434 East 78th street...

image:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0016

Laura :D
comerformy

Post by comerformy »

Laura - thanks so much! That's my grandmother, her mother, and her brothers. Giarenzzi - I searched on everything I could think of - but not that.
vinnysixfingers

Post by vinnysixfingers »

I have family that used to live in Astoria queens ny with last name gianguzzi
comerformy

Post by comerformy »

They could be the same family. My grandmother had brothers, and my grandfather (Sariti) had uncles named Gianguzzi on his mother's side. It evidently was a very common name in Frazzano. Do you have a first name for any of the family in Queens? I have gathered a lot of info on the extended family so I may be able to identify if they are one and the same.
carol1

Post by carol1 »

Hi, I am related to the Gianguzzi's and Sariti's you mention.
My grandfather, Lorenzo, was the son of Francesca Perrona and Antonio Gianguzzi. I think Angelina was his sister and she married the Sariti. My mother said they lived in Scranton, PA, but would come to visit her and her parents. My grandfather married someone from another town and they settled in the Bronx. I knew his other sister, Mary Parinelli well, but never met Angelina. Their mother, Francesca, came to the US, but never stayed. She continued to live in Italy. My mother's sisters and a brother traveled to Frazzano to see the home town. It would be nice to connect with you.
comerformy

Post by comerformy »

Hi Carol - I cannot find where I answered you, so if I did not, I apologize. It appears we are distant relations because your grandfather and my grandmother beingwere siblings. I am still looking for information - have not found a birth date for my grandmother yet, although I know she was born in 1887 or so - and in Frazzano as far as I know. My home email address is marjef285@gmail.com if you want to contact me in any way. Thanks so much for replying to my message.
Mary Sariti Comerford