Document Translations

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Document Translations

Post by siskojnash »

Could someone please translate the record for Vincenzo Cusimano? It talks about a marriage to Rosa Cusimano, yet I already have a birth record for Vincenzo Cusimano with the same parents from 1877. I also have the marriage records for Vincenzo and Rosa Cusimano. So what in the world is this record supposed to mean? I believe they were married in 1904 according to the records.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: Document Translations

Post by siskojnash »

Could someone please also translate these three records also?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Like the document for Vincenzo Cusimano, this one also seems to be talking about a marriage happening in the same year as a birth. Could someone please translate this one as well? This is really confusing to see! It seems to make no sense!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Your first image looks to be a birth record created in 1904 for Vincenzo Cusimano for his marriage allegati.

Looking at the record you will see that his father, Giuseppe is listed as age 63, and where the birth day is usually found you will see a small # which continues at the bottom of the record. This states that Vincenzo was born on 1 June 1877. :-)

It may be that the original record was lost/destroyed - and this copy was made based on the record received from the Tribunale.

T.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you! That's so weird, though. I have a copy of that birth record through the family search site. What about the one for Santi Cusimano? Who is he marrying? Does it say anything about her?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Santi Cusimano married Anna Maria Schicchi Sept 10 1904 in Castelbuono

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you! When was he born? I must already have that record, if I know when to check.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Does it say when Santi Cusimano was born? I checked my records and I don't seem to have the older one for him.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

It states he was born on November 5th, 1871
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you!