Ettore La Medica

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Ettore La Medica

Post by cdar1231 »

All,

I am looking for some assistance in finding information on Ettore La Medica who is my 2nd great grand uncle. Above you will find a photo i have of him. This photo was given to my great uncle Louie when he went back to Italy for a visit. Ideally, i would appreciate help with the following: 1) What does the writing on the photo say, 2) What is the significance of the uniform Ettore is wearing 3) Birth, death, marriage records.

I know that Ettore was from Torremaggiore, Foggia. I know he was the son of Luigi La Medica and Amalia Maria Elisabetta Romano. I also know that he married Josephine and had a least one son, Luigino. I don't know when he was born but it should have been in the 1860s or 1870s -- and that is based on his brothers and sisters.

Thanks much in advance,

chris
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Ettore La Medica

Post by PippoM »

The writing says "A Gino e famiglia con i più cari pensieri. Zio Ettore 1869" - "To Gino (nick for Luigi) and family with my dearest thoughts. Uncle Ettore"
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

Thank you, Giuseppe!
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

Anybody able to find anything?...
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Just a suggestion, Chris... :-)

You titled this post with the same title as your other post. Maybe you are not gettting any attention with it because visitors think they have visited it already.

Why not give it a more specific title based on what you are looking for such as...

Can anyone identify this uniform?
Help with uniform identification, please.
Circa 1949 uniform -need help to identify, please.

Just my "two cents" :-)

T.
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ettore La Medica: Can anyone identify this uniform?

Post by cdar1231 »

Thanks, T! I always welcome your 2 cents!!!! :-)

-c
gpinto

Post by gpinto »

Hello, my dad was named Ettore Pinto, he was born in 1920 in Foggia. His mom was Josephine Lamedica from Foggia. His dad was named Giovanni Pinto. I found a picture of Gino Lamedica who was my dad's cousin. If this helps let me know, I can send the picture.