Raimondi Family Information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Raimondi Family Information

Post by adelfio »

charlesd81 wrote:Is there any way you can find original documents, birth, death or marriage, for Salvatore di Raimondo age 30 (1827) and Maria Anna Mosca age 23(1834)?
Online records on familysearch.org only go back to 1866
You could order micro film from Family History Library of Villalba (Caltanissetta). Ufficio dello stato civile 1821-1910 the film Nati (BIRTHS) 1821-1840 Family History Library INTL Film 1466553
There are also Births, marriages, banns, deaths, citizenship records, miscellaneous documents, supplements

FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

ORDERING FILMS
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center

ABOUT ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records

TRANSLATING ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learningcenter ... 22Italy%22

MORE FILMS
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Salvatore di Raimondi
INDEX#31
1895 April 4th in the town of Villalba death of Salvatore di Raimondi age 68(1827) middleclass born and residing in Villalba son of deceased Calogero di Raimondi and Calogera Palermo husband of the living Marianna Mosca
PG LINK TO DEATH RECORD

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n273355169

Death of Marianna Mosca
INDEX#67
1903 Dec 10th in the town of Villalba in house on via Peccatori #44 death of Marianna Mosca age 69 (1834) born and residing in Villalba daughter of deceased Giuseppe Mosca and deceased Giovanna Favata wife of deceased Salvatore di Raimondi

PG LINK TO DEATH RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n273355169

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
charlesd81

Post by charlesd81 »

adelfio,
Thanks as always. I've had difficulty in finding the information below. If you have some spare time and can assist me that would be great. I've tried searching both Ancestry and Family Search.

1) Death info for Josephine Raimondi (maiden name Lumia) and Joseph Raimondi, son of Charles Raimondi (b. 1889). According to my grandfather they died from tuberculosis and the flu. I'm wondering if during the flu epidemic they didn't keep the best death records or maybe they are currently unavailable. Apparently Joseph was supposed to go in the military but died prior to serving.
2) Naturalization information for Charles (Di)Raimondi (b. 1889). He lived in NY. I found a reference to a number on a postcard and I believe I need to contact NY archives to actually get this correct?
3) My grandfather says he had an uncle Carl (Di)Raimondi that lived in NJ, which they visited, but I can't locate this information. I'm wondering if it is Carmelo/Carmiel Raimondi
4) Any information regarding my great grandfather Charles (Di)Raimondi (b. 1889) siblings. Limited information available via census documents on Ancestry.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Can you post the marriage record or the link to it

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

First thing the ship manifest for Angelo Lumia and Rosa Magri parents of Josephine in 1900 LINES 11&12 looks like they are from Villalba

CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty

Marty
charlesd81

Post by charlesd81 »

I'm also having a problem finding any information for Charles Raimondi born 1889 in the 1920 census. I'm beginning to think he didn't participate in it.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Angelo Lumia and Rosa Magri
INDEX# 9
1899 April 13th in the town of Villalba appeared Angelo Lumia age 24 born and living in Villalba son of Giuseppe Primo Lumia and deceased Maria Giuseppa Annaloro married Rosa Magri age 18 born and living in Villalba daughter of Alessandro Magri and Calogera Garofalo

Marty

Marty
charlesd81

Post by charlesd81 »

I know Josephine died of the flu around the time of the epidemic according to my grandfather. She married my great grandfather in 1916 and I believe had their son Joseph around 1918. That's pretty much all I know and I can't find anything through Ancestry or Family Search for her death, Joseph's birth or his death (in the 1940s). I'm wondering if I can't find anything on my great grandfather (Charles Raimondi) in the 1920s census because I'm wondering if he moved in with family around that time after his wife's death and wasn't listed on any relative's census records as a guest.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

charlesd81 wrote:adelfio,
Thanks as always. I've had difficulty in finding the information below. If you have some spare time and can assist me that would be great. I've tried searching both Ancestry and Family Search.

1) Death info for Josephine Raimondi (maiden name Lumia) and Joseph Raimondi, son of Charles Raimondi (b. 1889). According to my grandfather they died from tuberculosis and the flu. I'm wondering if during the flu epidemic they didn't keep the best death records or maybe they are currently unavailable. Apparently Joseph was supposed to go in the military but died prior to serving.
2) Naturalization information for Charles (Di)Raimondi (b. 1889). He lived in NY. I found a reference to a number on a postcard and I believe I need to contact NY archives to actually get this correct?
3) My grandfather says he had an uncle Carl (Di)Raimondi that lived in NJ, which they visited, but I can't locate this information. I'm wondering if it is Carmelo/Carmiel Raimondi4) Any information regarding my great grandfather Charles (Di)Raimondi (b. 1889) siblings. Limited information available via census documents on Ancestry.
I think this the uncle Carl (Calogero Raimondi)

Marriage of Calogero Raimondi and Giuseppa Panittieri
INDEX#17
1876 Sept 12th in the town of Villalba, Caltanissetta appeared Calogero Raimondo age 24 farmer born in Villalba son of Salvatore di Raimondo and Maria Anna Mosca married to Giuseppa Panittieri age 19 spinner daughter of Salvatore Panittieri and Pietra Aliberti

Marty
charlesd81

Post by charlesd81 »

Thank you for researching Carl. I don't believe that is the Carl I'm looking for. He would have lived in Newark, NJ in the 40s/50s and was born in NY around 1901.

Can you find any information of Giuseppe and Vincenza having a child Marianna born around 1877 or 1879 in Italy? I found a record on Ancestry but I don't see her listed in any of the census reports so I'm wondering if the individual who added her to Ancestry was wrong. Thanks.