family of domenico bonarrigo and mattia puleio

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

family of domenico bonarrigo and mattia puleio

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

looking for anyone connected or related to domenic bonarrigo and mattia puleio.from gualtieri sicamino.i believe they were born in gualtieri,married there,and probably died there,as there daughter,maria,was born there in 1847.i've got maria's birth record,but after much careful research,in gualtieri and several surrounding comuni,both in reading the lds films and writing to the civil records offices,have come up with nothing.i need to hear from someone that has direct lineage to these people.maria bonarrigo married francesco landino(born 1851 in palermo)ca.1867-1872 but not in palermo,as i checked there.again,i've found no marriage for them,nor birth,marriage,or death records for her parents,domenico bonarrigo and mattia puleio.maria died in boston in 1902.no information for francesco's death.these people were the adoptive/surrogate family of my paternal grandmother,who was born in barcellona pozzo di gotto in 1883,of ignoti genitori.so,in essence,this was her family.but there is no information in barcellona pozzo di gotto,as neither maria bonarrigo nor her husband,francesco landino,were born,married,or died there.any help in finding more information for this family would be most appreciated
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: family of domenico bonarrigo and mattia puleio

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Can you post Maria Bonarrigo birth act for 1847 in Gualtieri and date and they name of their children
Also is that Gualtieri,Messina or Gualtieri, Reggio Emilia

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

no.gualtieri sicamino in messina sicily.didnt know there was one in reggio emilia.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

re:family of domenico bonarrigo and mattia puleio.maria bonarrigo,their daughter,married francesco landino of palermo.no idea how or where they met and married.but as francesco was born in 1851,and the first child of theirs,salvatore,was born in barcellona pozzo di gotto,in 1872,i'm guessing they married ca.1867 to 1872.there was also a daughter,mattia(probably named after mattia puleio)in 1880,also born in barcellona.no other children could i find in barcellona.it appears,according to my paternal grandmother's birth(barcellona 1883)that maria bonarrigo was her wetnurse and was given care and custody of her,as my grandmother was born"ignoti genitori" or to unknown parents-a common problem in sicily at the time.why maria ended up being a wetnurse in barcellona is odd,as she was from gualtieri sicamino,and her husband francesco landino,was from palermo.i searched civil records from palermo and gualtieri(no marriage there for francesco and maria)and nothing in barcellona-other than the births of their children salvatore and mattia,and the birth of their surrogate/adoptive daughter,my grandmother maria costante(costante was a surname given to illegitimate children,similiar to esposito or trovato).according to the passenger record i have,my grandmother and her adoptive mother,maria bonarrigo,arrived in boston in 1902.maria listed my grandmother as her adopted daughter on the manifest.she died one week later.her husband,francesco,was noted as surviving her,although theres no information on if he ever came to america,or when and where he died.i've been researching this family for many years,and havent come up with anything,which is why i need to connect with actual family members that might have information,as i'm searching in a vacuum otherwise-like looking for a needle in a haystack.