Giuseppe Rigo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RiccardoS

Giuseppe Rigo

Post by RiccardoS »

Hi everyone, I've just red about this site while I was searching something about my great grandfather, so I'm here trustfully to ask your help!
His name was Giuseppe Rigo, from Carmignano di Brenta (Italy). He was born around 1890 (since 1890 to 1895, I can't find the right date) and left Italy in 1926.
I thank you in advance for your attention and hope there's something somewhere about him!

Riccardo
vj
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe Rigo

Post by vj »

Hi Riccardo
Welcome to the forum!
Where did Giuseppe Rigo go when he left Italy in 1926?
Thank you, Valarie
RiccardoS

Post by RiccardoS »

Hi Valarie, thank you for the quick answer!
That's the point, I don't know it for sure.. I just know he went to Americas (sorry I forgot to write it above), probably US, or maybe Argentina.
Riccardo
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hi Riccardo!
I checked US records for a Giuseppe Rigo, but could only find several folks with that name from Hungary in US military registration records.
I asked member suanj to check her Argentina databases and she found this for you.
:D Thank you suanj :D !
Valarie
suanj wrote:...It are emigrated 2 Giuseppe Rigo, but this is the right:
Cognome
RIGO

Nome
GIUSEPPE

Parentela
Prob. Parente

Stato civile
Celibe/Nubile

Professione

Religione
CATOLICA

Porto d'imbarco
GENOVA

Nave
FORMOSA

Data d'arrivo
02-12-1913

Istruzione
Non sa

Classe
Terza

in travel with the probable mother:
Cognome
RIGO

Nome
ANTONINA

Parentela
Prob. Parente

Stato civile

Professione
AGRICULTORA

Religione
CATOLICA

Porto d'imbarco
GENOVA

Nave
FORMOSA

Data d'arrivo
02-12-1913

Istruzione
Sa

Classe
Terza

the probable sister:

Cognome
RIGO

Nome
ANNA

Parentela
Prob. Parente

Stato civile
Celibe/Nubile

Professione

Religione
CATOLICA

Porto d'imbarco
GENOVA

Nave
FORMOSA

Data d'arrivo
02-12-1913

Istruzione
Sa

Classe
Terza

it are the people that you are searching for??

after 1 week more other Rigos arrived in Argentina, i believe no related..

suanj
RiccardoS

Post by RiccardoS »

Hi Suanj, thank you for you help!
Unfortunately, the Giuseppe Rigo you have found can't be the Giuseppe Rigo I'm looking for. My great grand-father left Italy in 1926, and was born (I finally found out the date!) in 1888. So he was 38 when he left. Besides, he went in Americas with no relatives, but with other few people from his town, Carmignano di Brenta.
Hope these little new informations can be helpful for the research!
Thank you again anyway!

Riccardo
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

RIGO Giuseppe born on 07/07/1888 in COSTABISSARA VI 1888 living in CARMIGNANO DI BRENTA - CITTADELLA area, son of Luigi
Is it him?
bye Riccardo
RiccardoS

Post by RiccardoS »

ricbru wrote:RIGO Giuseppe born on 07/07/1888 in COSTABISSARA VI 1888 living in CARMIGNANO DI BRENTA - CITTADELLA area, son of Luigi
Is it him?
bye Riccardo
Hi, and thank you very much!
It's hard to say it for sure, because my relatives don't remember the name of his father neither his place and day of birth.
However, I think there are several possibilities that this is the right Giuseppe Rigo, since the year of birth and place are exact. Do you know something else about him?
Thank you again, bye

Riccardo
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Dear Riccardo,
I took these infos from Padova State Archive database,
there were 116 Giuseppe Rigo, but only one record mentioned about Carmignano di Brenta.
That infos comes from the military draft card.
If you want to know more, you should contact Costabbissara civil record office, and request the birth record or birth certificate/abstract

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
RiccardoS

Post by RiccardoS »

ricbru wrote:Dear Riccardo,
I took these infos from Padova State Archive database,
there were 116 Giuseppe Rigo, but only one record mentioned about Carmignano di Brenta.
That infos comes from the military draft card.
If you want to know more, you should contact Costabbissara civil record office, and request the birth record or birth certificate/abstract

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
Your help has been really helpful, since now I have some other informations (date of birth and name of his father) that maybe could be useful for my goal, that is to know something about his journey to Americas, where he went, what did he do, and so on.
Thank you again!
Bye

Riccardo
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

it was my pleasure,
good luck for your research
bye Riccardo
RiccardoS

Post by RiccardoS »

Hi everyone!

I resume this topic because I now have a brand-new information. An old relative of mine finally managed to remember the place where Giuseppe Rigo went in 1926: it's Argentina, probably Buenos Aires.
So, I hope that this info can be helpful for the research!

Anyway, in the case you still can't find nothing about the travel of Giuseppe Rigo, I have a last question to make: what does this lack of informations about him mean? I mean, the archives you have checked are so accurate that we have to presume that Giuseppe Rigo went in Argentina as clandestine? Otherwise is it possible that, even if he left for Argentina legally, there are no tracks in the archives about him?
I'm so curious about this thing!

Thank you again!

Riccardo
RiccardoS

Post by RiccardoS »

Hi guys!

Hot news: it seems that the parent of mine who said that Giuseppe Rigo went in Argentina was completely wrong. It turned up that he went to Brooklin and S. Francisco. Given that the period that Rigo spent in America was 1926 - 1932-33, I imagine he went to Brooklin, being then maybe forced by the crisis to migrate in the west.
I give you these infos in the hope that can be useful in order to find any track of him and his travel.

I would be really very glad if, in the case nothing turns up, someone could answer the question I made in the last post before this, about the precisness of the archives, it's something that makes me really curious!

Thank you for the attention!

Riccardo
Saritisima

Post by Saritisima »

Hola Giuseppe,
yo estoy en lo mismo, por cierto naciò en 1888 en Carmiganno di Brenta (Pd) puedo procurarte las informaciones.
Estoy justo buscando lo que hizo al venir a Argentina!
Por favor contactame! mi mail es *****@*******.com
Puedes escribirme en italiano, espanol, portugues o ingles te voy a entender!

Sara
Saritisima

Post by Saritisima »

Dear Riccardo,
I'm doing the same research!
He was my grand grandfather too.
Where are you from?
I don't know if this message will be working but please contact me my e-mail is ******@*******.com. You can write italian, english, spanish, portuguese.
The years (1888 year of birth, 1926-32 in Argentina)and places (Carmignano di Brenta) are the same. The place he went is supposed to be Buenos Aires.

Sara