Searching For Info On The Patella Family From Palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Searching For Info On The Patella Family From Palermo

Post by siskojnash »

I'm looking for information about the Patella family in Sicily. Carmela Patella was born on May 6, 1881 in Palermo and died on April 2, 1955 in New York. She married Filippo Antonio Castrovinci. Their marriage bann was on August 26, 1900 in Palermo and September 2, 1900 in Frazzano. The marriage itself was on October 6, 1900 in Palermo. Her brother, Salvatore, was born ABT 1870 in Palermo. He got married, but I don't know the spouse's name, just that he had a son named Filippo who was born in 1905 in Palermo. A sister's name was Marianna Patella, who was born on March 18, 1874 in Palermo and died on November 10, 1960 in New York. She was married to Nunzio Castrovinci on August 1, 1895 in Palermo, a brother of Filippo Castrovinci. I don't have marriage documents for Nunzio and Marianna.
With their ancestors, I only have names. The parents were Filippo Patella and Francesca Carmela Tripi. A brother of Filippo, Antonino, married Maria Pennino and had a daughter, Antonia. Antonia married Giovanni Borrnso.
Another brother of Filippo was named Andrea Patella. He married Teresa Catania, and had a daughter named Paola Patella. Paola married Salvatore Scuderi. Salvatore's parents were Giovanni Scuderi and Ninfa Duca.
The parents of Filippo, Antonino, and Andrea Patella were Salvatore R Patella and Anna R Guttuso. The fact that they both have "R" as a middle initial makes me wonder about that part. Anyway, this is all the information I have about the family. I hope someone is able to help me find out more. Thank you so much.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: Searching For Info On The Patella Family From Palermo

Post by siskojnash »

Does anyone have any ideas about the Patella family? Also, does anyone know what the proper name for someone called "Fifi Patella" might be? Apparently, this is a relation, but I haven't a clue about the name. I just know he was called that.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You sure about 1905 birthdate
Palermo, Italia, Nascite, 1896-1905 Palermo, Italy, Births, 1896-1905
about Filippo Patella
Name:Filippo Patella
Birth Date:6 ott 1904 (6 Oct 1904)
Birth City:Palermo
District or Office:Ufficio 1
Father Name:Salvatore Patella
Mother Name:Rosalia Giallombardo
Volume:478
Number:2380

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I think my information came from a website done by Hugh Tornabene. At least, I think that was the name. There were listings there. I'm wondering now if some of the info was wrong. I suppose it's possible.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Could you please post a link to the main page for the Palermo records on the Family Search site? I seemed to be having problems getting to that page using the search function for some reason. Maybe it was a problem with the site. Also, are there other sites where you can see Palermo records?
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I was trying to go through Palermo records and seem to be having trouble finding someone. Carmela Patella was born on May 6, 1881 in Palermo and died on April 2, 1955 in New York. She married Filippo Antonio Castrovinci. Their marriage bann was on August 26, 1900 in Palermo and September 2, 1900 in Frazzano. The marriage itself was on October 6, 1900 in Palermo. I wanted to find her actual birth record, so that I can confirm the names of the parents. I was surprised that I didn't see it, with me knowing her exact birth date. Could anyone help me out with this? It didn't seem to be an issue when I was researching Castelbuono records.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

The marriage records, which I have, confirm that she was born in Palermo.
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

According to the Birth indexes of Palermo, Carmela Patella, daughter of Filippo and Francesca Tripi was born on May 7, 1881 (vol. 162 act number 1506).

She had the following siblings:

- Carmela born on May 26, 1867 (vol. 14 n. 2514)
- Salvatore born on December 26, 1869 (vol. 41 n. 6355)
- Giovanni born on December 2, 1871 (vol. 61 n. 6011)
- Maria Anna born on March 18, 1874 (vol. 89 n. 846)
- Paolo born on August 13, 1876 (vol. 110 n. 2196)
- Giovanni born on August 25, 1883 (vol. 185 n. 2500)

Filippo Patella, son of Salvatore and Anna Galluzzo, married Francesca Tripi on November 11, 1864 (vol. 110 n. 915)
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you! Are there only birth indexes, or are the actual documents available for viewing also? And does the marriage record for Filippo Patella and Francesca Tripi say who her parents were?
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

siskojnash wrote:Thank you! Are there only birth indexes, or are the actual documents available for viewing also? And does the marriage record for Filippo Patella and Francesca Tripi say who her parents were?
There are births, marriages and deaths indexes. The documents are not available for online viewing (except those of the hamlets of Palermo, available on the website www.familysearch.org).

Francesca Tripi's parents were not mentioned in the index.

Are you interested in the complete family tree? If so, please, send me a private message!
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Are these birth, marriage, and death indexes on the family search website, or somewhere else? Also, do you happen to know whether or not either indexes or records for Naples are available? Unless they were made available in the last couple months or so, I don't think those are on the family search site. I'm trying to research certain Franconeri and Grano families there, and don't have the time to do research on the microfilm. The one time I had time to go to a family history center, it didn't end up being open. I think that was the only one in my area. I think I posted a topic awhile ago about them on this site.