Crippa family - Besnate area

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
healey2000

Crippa family - Besnate area

Post by healey2000 »

I am trying to locate information about my great-great grandparents (parents of Giuseppe Crippa) and family. Giuseppe (could be spelled Guiseppe) married Assunta (possible maiden name is Bassani) and they lived in Besnate or Crenna or nearby area. Giuseppe (born approx. 1869 and emigrated to Canada via S. America) married Assunta (born in Besnate or nearby area approx. 1876, emigrated to Canada in 1910).

I am also interested in locating information about Assunta's parents (my great-great grandparents) and her Italian family.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
MHO
paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Crippa family - Besnate area

Post by paola52 »

Hi and welcome!

Besnate is a village in the southern part of the Varese province, Region Lombardy. A lot of people from this area went to Canada at the beginning of the twentieth century, to work in the mines.

In the Ellis Island database there is an entry for Assunta Crippa, 34, place of birth Besnate, going to Alberta in 1910 to join her husband Giuseppe, with three daughters: Ernesta 10, Teresa 8 and Rosa 7. Nearest relative in Italy her mother Regina Puricelli in Besnate

https://www.ellisisland.org/search/pass ... 1310090408&

You can write to the Comune of Besnate asking for her birth certificate, explaining that she was born around 1876 and that she was the daughter of Emilia Puricelli. In the Atto di nascita you'll find the name of her father. Also there should be the Annotazione with the date of her marriage to Giuseppe Crippa. You could also ask the birth records of the three children.
This is the mail address
demografici@comune.besnate.va.it

Unfortunately there are no online records for Besnate that I know of. For records before 1866 you must write to the parish, because at the time vital records were kept by them.

Hope this helps and good luck with your research
:D Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
healey2000

Post by healey2000 »

Hello Paola,
Thank you very much for supplying a very important piece of information about my family. I have never encountered the names Emilia and Regina Puricelli, although the Ellis Is. information is correct. Teresa Crippa is my grandmother! I'm unsure how the Bassani name in Italy is connected to Assunta but perhaps it is through cousins.

Regarding Giuseppe, I have heard via family that he went to South America to work in the mines before coming to Canada. If you locate any information about Giuseppe's parents and/or other family, please pass it on to me. Also, I haven't located his name on any ship manifesto although my hunch is that he may have come to the US from S. America via New Orleans or another southern US port.

Thank you very much for the commune e-mail address. I will follow-up. What is the parish address that I should use if I am looking for records prior to 1866?

Thank you again and Happy New Year!
Marion
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Comune di Besnate
email:demografici@comune.besnate.va.it

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita
Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Besnate . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome :Ernesta Crippa nato Besnate il 1900
Nome e cognome :Teresa Crippa nato Besnate il 1903
Nome e cognome :Rosa Crippa nato Besnate il 1902
Luogo di nascita: Besnate
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
healey2000

Post by healey2000 »

Thank you Marty.
The template you provided is very helpful. I will try to send an e-mail in English and if that does not work, I'll try to use your sample in Italian. The Google translator helped me to understand your message.
Marion

Paola, would you please clarify something in your message. After re-reading your message, it appears as if Emilia Puricelli may be a female. If so, then I'm not sure if it is Emilia Puricelli or Regina Puricelli who is Assunta Crippa's mother.
Thank you,
Marion
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita
Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Besnate . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome :Ernesta Crippa nato Besnate il 1900
Nome e cognome :Teresa Crippa nato Besnate il 1903
Nome e cognome :Rosa Crippa nato Besnate il 1902
Nome e cognme: Giuseppe Crippa, padre delle precedenti, nato circa nel 1869
Nome e cognme : Assunta, madre delle precedenti, figlia di Emilia Puricelli, nata circa nel 1876

Luogo di nascita: Besnate
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL
Hi Marty and Healey2000!
I added the request for Giuseppe and Assunta
Ciao
Paola
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Marion
healey2000 wrote:If so, then I'm not sure if it is Emilia Puricelli or Regina Puricelli who is Assunta Crippa's mother.
So sorry, my mistake! :? I mixed up two different families
Assunta's mother is Regina Puricelli. Emilia is altogether another person

So the request should be
Nome e cognome : Assunta, madre delle precedenti, figlia di Regina Puricelli, nata circa nel 1876.

As for the parish
Parrocchia di San Martino
Piazza G. Mazzini 10
21010, Besnate (VA)
Italy
amministrazione@parrocchiadibesnate.it

Buon Anno Nuovo
Paola
healey2000

Post by healey2000 »

Hello Paola,
Thank you once again for your generous support and assistance and for clarifying that it is Regina Puricelli (not Emilia) who appears to be my relative.

I just sent my message (in Italian) to the Comune of Besnate and will now wait patiently for a reply. This little experience is prompting me to learn some Italian! I will contact this forum again if I encounter additional roadblocks.
Most Sincerely,
Marion
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Felice di poter essere d'aiuto!
Happy to help! :D
Paola
healey2000

Post by healey2000 »

Hello Paola, Marty, or others,
I was very pleased to hear from the Commune of Besnate today. The message is in Italian:

"In riferimento alla sua richiesta le comunico che per queste notizie deve rivolgersi al Comune di Jerago con Orago dove sono archiviati i registri del periodo interessato dalla sua ricerca."

I used Google Translate; however I am not sure if the writer is meaning that she will forward my message to "the City of Jerago con Orago where logs are stored" or if she is meaning that I should make this contact. If I should do so, do you have an e-mail address I should use?

Thank you very much.
Marion
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Comune di Jerago con Orago
e-mail: demosocioculturale@comune.jeragoconorago.va.it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
healey2000

Post by healey2000 »

My sincere thank you, Marty.
Marion
healey2000

Post by healey2000 »

Marty, I just sent a new message to
e-mail: demosocioculturale@comune.jeragoconorago.va.it

however my message was blocked. Do you have an alternate e-mail address I might use?
Thank you once again.
Marion
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

HiMarion
The address Marty gave you is the one found in the site of the Comune, for the department were the vital record are stored.
There is another, more general, that you can try
segreteria@comune.jeragoconorago.va.it
Hope you have luck with this. Keep us posted!
Paola
healey2000

Post by healey2000 »

Thank you for the alternate address, Paola.

I tried dealing with the earlier spam response and then my first message seemed to then go through to the vital record department. I'm in waiting mode right now. If I don't receive a reply by March, I'll try sending to the general address that you supplied on Jan. 9th.

Thanks again. I'll respond to this site when I hear something from Jerago con Orago.
Marion