LEPORE/CARBONE FAMILIES IN LAPIO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

LEPORE/CARBONE FAMILIES IN LAPIO

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

IS ANYONE OUT THERE DOING RESEARCH IN LAPIO AVELLINO AND HAVE ACCESS TO THE LDS FILMS?LOOKING FOR MARRIAGE OF DOMENICO LEPORE AND TERESA CARBONE 1860-1872.IF ANYONE CAN HELP IN FINDING THIS MARRIAGE AND CAN OFFER ANY HELP REGARDING INFORMATION ON THIS FAMILY PLEASE CONTACT ME.I'VE WRITTEN TO THE CIVIL RECORDS OFFICE THERE-BUT SO FAR NO RESPONSE.TRYING FOR A FAMILY CERTIFICATE STATUS DOCUMENT.I'VE DONE SOME LDS FILM RESEARCH THERE AS WELL.I NEVER HAVE MUCH LUCK ON ANY OF THESE MESSAGEBOARD HELP SITES BUT I'M STILL TRYING.THANKS
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: LEPORE/CARBONE FAMILIES IN LAPIO

Post by Tessa78 »

Why do you think the marriage took place in Lapio?

Was Teresa Carbone born/live in Lapio?

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

hi tessa.my paternal grandfather,antonio ricco(ricca)was born in luogosano in 1870,another small town in avellino near lapio.i have his marriage record for 1895.he married angela lepore(born in 1872 in lapio and daughter of domenico and teresa carbone,most likely also born and married in lapio).they had 2 children both born in lapio.my grandfather arrived in new york in 1900,and it appears his wife,angela,stayed behind in italy,never joining him here.she died in lapio in 1949.in the meantime my grandfather lived common law with my grandmother,maria costante(born in barcellona messina sicily in 1883),a young widow he probably met around 1909 or 1910(her 1st husband died in boston in 1909).the reason they couldnt marry was obvious.first wife angela lived until 1949.my dad and aunt were born of this"second marriage"which didnt occur until 1950-when my dad and aunt were already in their 30s and married.but so much for family history.bottom line.the parents of my grandfathers 1st wife angelalepore(domenico and teresa carbone)were almost certainly married in lapio.as angela was born in 1872,i would guess they married in lapio ca.1861-1871.i'm a skilled researcher-been at this for the last 15-20 years.i could be wrong,but i believe this a very educated guess.at the very least its common sense to start here.just looking for someone that may have access to the lapio lds films,as taking them on loan is becoming old and cost prohibitive.the province of avellino hasnt really been digitized at the lds site.some comunes have been digitized-but not lapio,or luogosano,taurasi,or san mango sul calore,other comunes i'm researching.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I can see why you connect her to Lapio :-D

You say you have the marriage in 1895 of her daughter, Angela Lepore. Did the marriage act identify Teresa's place of birth, or just her residence?
Do you also have the publication of banns? OR... the allegati (attachments) for the marriage record? These documents might give a specific place of birth for Teresa (understand, I am not doubting your assumption :-) )... but since women USUALLY marry in their home comune, it is a POSSIBILITY that Teresa and Domenico were married someplace other than Lapio... Just thinking out loud! :-)

I understand your frustration with renting all those records. Hopefully as more Avellino records are indexed you will be able to view Lapio online.
How did you acquire the 1895 marriage record? And... have you tried writing to the Comune of Lapio for the marriage record you seek?
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Viale Sicilia
83030 Lapio (AV)
ITALY

Hope someone here at the forum has access and can help you out.

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i took out one of the lapio films years ago and found the 1895 marriage.how that came about was,i knew my grandfather had been married previous to his arrival here.but it wasnt in luogosano,his native comune.but on his passenger record,his last residence was noted as lapio.from there i found the marriage and births of his first 2 children-both born and died in lapio,along with their mother angela.it appears the lepore/carbones were from lapio.as i said,i would definitely start there.i've written to the civil records office for this information.between comunes in avellino and sicily i've easily written several hundred letters over the years-never mind spent a small fortune in lds films.as i said,its gotten old and not cost effective.i was hoping someone on here might be working in the same area as myself.but as usual no one is at this time