Need Help Finding Miltary Records Please! :)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tonyyy

Need Help Finding Miltary Records Please! :)

Post by Tonyyy »

Hello Everybody. I have just registered as you can see so this is my first post. I hope everybody is well. I wanted some help in locating my Ancestor's Military Records please.

I have already contacted 2 State Archives and I received these responses:

Gentile Utente, la classe riferita al suo antenato non è più custodita presso questo Centro Documentale , ma è stata già versata all'Archivio di Stato competente, che dovrebbe essere quello di Frosinone.
Pertanto dovrebbe rivolgere analoga istanza all'Archivio di stato di Frosinone,Piazzale De Matthaeis 41 03100 FROSINONE.
Cordiali saluti.
Capo Sezione Socumentazione

which translates to:

Dear User , the class referred to its ancestor is no longer kept at this Documentation Centre , but has already been paid to the State Archives competent authority, which should be to Frosinone.
Therefore should pay a similar instance Archives status of Frosinone , Piazzale De Matthaeis 41 03100 Frosinone .
Sincerely .
Section Chief Socumentazionequello di Frosinone.

AND THEN:

Gent.mo signore,
l'ambito territoriale degli ex Distretti Militari differiva da quello delle province e, anche se Cassino rientrava (fino al 1927) tra i comuni che appartenevano alla provincia di Caserta, il Distretto Militare di appartenenza di Cassino era Frosinone. Per vicessitudini diverse presso quest'Archivio di Stato esistono i registri degli Esiti di Leva di Cassino solo per gli anni dal 1871 al 1879.
P.S.
Dalla foto allegata sembra che il Lucarelli fosse un ufficiale. Le consiglierei quindi di rivolgere la richiesta al Ministero della Difesa (a Roma) chiedendo lo "stato di servizio" dello stesso.

which roughly translates to:

Gent.mo sir,
the territorial scope of the former Military Districts differed from that of the provinces, and even if Cassino fell (until 1927) between the municipalities belonging to the province of Caserta, the Military District of belonging was Cassino Frosinone. For various vicissitudes in this Archive State, there are records of the outcomes of Cassino lever only for the years 1871-1879.
P.S.
From the picture it looks like the attached Lucarelli was an officer. Then I would advise you to direct the request to the Ministry of Defence (in Rome) asking the "service status" of the same.

So basically if somebody could either help me locate his records or help me to contact the Ministry of Defence in Rome, that would be great! I have already tried looking for an email address for the Ministry online and on their website but didn't have much luck. I don't speak Italian and so calling them would probably not be a good option for me.

This is what I already know:

Name: Antonio Lucarelli
Date of Birth: September 19, 1886 (but could be anytime during 1885 or 1886 though)
Place of birth: Cassino , Frosinone
Name and surname of father : Angelo Lucarelli
Name and surname of the mother: Rosa Russo

He served for three years in WW1 (1914-1918) with a Neapolitan Bersaglieri Regiment (I don't know which regiment) and he rose to at least the rank of Officer and was awarded medals for his service. I have a really good photo of him as mentioned in the email response from the State Archives, but I do not feel comfortable sharing this at this point in time but would consider posting it in the future.

Thanks everyone in advance. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Tony
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Need Help Finding Miltary Records Please! :)

Post by adelfio »

You can write for his record here is the info

Distretto Militare di Roma
Via Dalla Chiesa Generale Carlo Alberto, 2
00192 Roma (RM)
Italy

Distretto Militare di Roma

OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva di Antonio Lucarelli classe di nascita 1885-1886.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito registro di leva e registro dei foglie matricolari di:Antonio Lucarelli di Angelo Lucarelli e Rosa Russo nato a Cassino,Frosinone il 1885-1886.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tonyyy

Post by Tonyyy »

Hi Marty, thank you for the quick reply.

Don't they have an email address?
Tonyyy

Post by Tonyyy »

Anyone? :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I don't see any email address I guess you have to use the mail system

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty