MATTACCHIONE family name help!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MarcoG

MATTACCHIONE family name help!

Post by MarcoG »

My Great-Great Grandmother was Francesca Mattacchione born in Lazio, Frosinone (most likely Sora) not sure the year but sometime in the 1800's who married my Great-Great Grandfather Serafino Palleschi who was also born in Lazio, Frosinone (most likely Sora) sometime in the 1800's. Serafino and Francesca had two son's Tommaso (my nonno grande) and Antonio both born in Sora. The two brothers Tommaso and Antonio Palleschi both married two sisters Antonia De Santis (my nonna grande) and Restitutta De Santis (my nonna grande's sister a.k.a my great grand aunt).

When I search my Great-Great Grandmother Francesca Mattacchione last name it doesnt come up in Italy and is not recognized as frequent name. I also cant find anything about this name, when i search it on Google only other Canadian's like myself come up with the last name (example; Joe Mattacchione former canadian soccer player) It is a real name and it is spelt correctly, it just seems to me that its a very rare Italian last name. I would love to find out more about this name, its definition, its origin...etc

I am also looking for any records and information on Francesca Mattacchione, i would love to find out who her parents were, her exact birth date and location...etc. I also would love to find out the same things for Serafino Palleschi. If anyone can help me thanks.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: MATTACCHIONE family name help!

Post by Italysearcher »

Serafino Palleschi and his family are listed in the Register of the Population of Sora complete with birthdates, occupations etc. The Register was created around 1860 and updated to 1905.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

Italysearcher wrote:Serafino Palleschi and his family are listed in the Register of the Population of Sora complete with birthdates, occupations etc. The Register was created around 1860 and updated to 1905.
hey Ann,

how can i view this register? do i have to actually visit Italia myself and go there? Or do i have to call or email them? Do they have online website so i can view this register? Also, because most of my family originates from Sora (about 75% of my entire family that i know of so far, the other 25% from Ceprano) would they have other people in my family on register there like my nonna grande Antonia De Santis (i already know her exact birth/death date but not her sister, brother and parents) and her family complete with everything? and even other family members that i havent mentioned?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The books are too large to be photocopied and they are not on line. So, yes, you would have to come to Italy to see them.
There are some photos of Sora and Ceprano on my website.
My husband has Mattachione in his family tree but back several generations.
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

Italysearcher wrote:The books are too large to be photocopied and they are not on line. So, yes, you would have to come to Italy to see them.
There are some photos of Sora and Ceprano on my website.
My husband has Mattachione in his family tree but back several generations.
Ok i understand now thanks, looks like thats my only option. Too bad they dont offer it online where you can just go an check easily. Also Ann if you would like to take a look at my family tree on ancestry.com i can give you the link if you are interested (still need a alot of help with it, its getting to the point were asking my family members questions about my relatives they cant remember that far back or remember things exactly). Maybe theres a slim chance your husband and i could be related some how (i know its a rare possibility but that would be crazy it were true haha) Let me know. and thank you.
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

MarcoG wrote:who married my Great-Great Grandfather Serafino Palleschi who was also born in Lazio, Frosinone (most likely Sora) sometime in the 1800's. Serafino and Francesca had two son's Tommaso (my nonno grande) and Antonio both born in Sora. The two brothers Tommaso and Antonio Palleschi both married two sisters Antonia De Santis (my nonna grande) and Restitutta De Santis (my nonna grande's sister a.k.a my great grand aunt).
SORRY i made a mistake, Francesca Mattacchione married Luigi De Santis and had three daughters Restituta, Teresa, and Antonia (my nonna grande who was born 13, Feburary 1909 in Sora, Lazio and died here in Toronto in 2005), and also one son named Domenico. Serafino Palleschi is on my fathers-mothers-father's side. He has nothing to do with this. Francesca Mattacchione is on my nonna Emma Anna Palleschi's mothers side (she was her nonna and my 2nd nonna grande).
debramattachione

Post by debramattachione »

My grandparents are from Sora Italy. I was told the last name was also spelled with 2 c's. Antoinette (Antonetta) DeCosmo (DiCosmo) and Joseph. They immigrated to USA and had 7 children. Lived in Canton, Ohio
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

If you would like copies (photos) of the pages of the register, I will do it in exchange for a donation to the parish record restoration fund.
Contact me for details.
Ann Tatangelo