Birth record for Ribera/S. Stefano Quisquina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
auntfeffie13
Rookie
Rookie

Birth record for Ribera/S. Stefano Quisquina

Post by auntfeffie13 »

Hello. I'm looking for a birth record for my gg gm. At the time she married, she was living in Ribera but I believe she may have been born in S. Stefano Quisquina. Going from the marriage record, she would have been born about 1856/57. Here is what I was given as the translation.

The 1881 marriage from Ribera says Francesca Paola Agliata was 24 years old, single, born in Ribera, lived in Ribera at that time and was the daughter of Pietro Agliata and Giuseppa Gullo who both were living in Ribera in 1881.

Here is the link. (Right image)
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1569918199

If anyone could help me find her birthday, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Stephanie
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Birth record for Ribera/S. Stefano Quisquina

Post by Italysearcher »

Check the indexes for the birth records until you find her. If she is not born in one in Ribera, you will have to write to the town of S. Stefano Quisquina as their records do not appear to have been microfilmed.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

According to the record you posted she was born in Santo Stefano Quisquina (Agrigento),
You can get the info you seek on film from Family History Library Registri dello stato civile di Santo Stefano Quisquina (Agrigento), 1821-1938. If she was born in 1856/57 heres the film you need
Nati, notificazioni, matrimoni, morti 1853-1859 Family History Library International Film # 1568953

The online records of Santo Stefano Quisquina only go back to the 1860's

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

From what I see Francesca Paola Agliata was born in Ribera.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Thanks for the back up Livio
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
auntfeffie13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by auntfeffie13 »

Are the Ribera records from this time online? My biggest stumbling block is that I don't read Italian. I can pick out a word here or there and figure names. I'd be afraid to order a record then not be able to read it.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

No they are only to 1862 online you can try this email if no response in 30 days try a letter

e-mail: info@comune.ribera.ag.it

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Ribera
Corso Umberto I 30
92016 Ribera (AG)
Italy
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di Francesca Paola Agliata

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Ribera. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Francesca Paola Agliata
Nome e cognomen del padre:Pietro Agliata
Nome e cognome della madre:Giuseppa Gullo
Luogo di nascita: Ribera
Data di nascita: 1856-1858
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.

YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID (drivers license or something similar)

Marty

Marty
auntfeffie13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by auntfeffie13 »

Thank you!
auntfeffie13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by auntfeffie13 »

UPDATE: 16 Sept 1857
Thanks for your help!
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

I have indexes for all Ribera births (except 2.5 years that the LDS church didn't film) from 1821 to 1927. Also death and marriage records, too, but for the deaths my indexes only go up to 1910 and for the marriages up to 1921. Let me know if you want me to find a record for you.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Though Francesca Paola Agiata was born in Ribera, her older siblings were born in S. Stefano Quisquina as were her parents. As far as I can tell, the name Agliata is not found in Ribera before her birth, although in 1861 a younger sister Rosaria was born there.

Pietro Agliata married Giuseppa Gullo in 1836 in Santo Stefano Quisquina. You can see an index of this record online:
Nome: Pietro Agliata Pullara
Data di nascita: 1806
Luogo di nascita: Santo Stefano
Nome del coniuge: Giuseppa Gullo
Data di nascita del coniuge: 1816
Luogo di nascita del coniuge: Santo Stefano
Età del coniuge: 20
Data dell'evento: 05 Feb 1836
Luogo dell'evento: Santo Stefano Quisquina, Agrigento, Italy
Nome del padre: Giuseppe Agliata Pullara
Nome della madre: Angela Valenti
Nome del padre del coniuge: Onofrio Gullo
Nome della madre del coniuge: Paola Ferlita
Etnia:
Stato civile: Single
Nome della moglie precedente:
Etnia del Coniuge:
Stato civile del coniuge: Single
Nome del precedente marito del coniuge:
Numero di batch di indicizzazione: M74071-3
Origine del Sistema: Italy-EASy
Numero di bobina di FamilySearch: 1568901
Numero identificativo di riferimento: F1568901

Come fare riferimento a questo documento:
"Italia, Matrimoni, 1809-1900," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XK3V-RCC : accessed 15 Mar 2014), Pietro Agliata Pullara and Giuseppa Gullo, 05 Feb 1836; citing Santo Stefano Quisquina, Agrigento, Italy, reference F1568901; FHL microfilm 1568901.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Just by sheer coincidence I was adding someone to my tree today (Anna Tallo, b. 1868 in Ribera to Leonardo Tallo and Giuseppa Agliata) and I noticed that her grandparents were Pietro Agliata and Giuseppa Gullo, the parents of Francesca Paola Agliata. So I added Pietro and Giuseppa, as well as their parents and their 8 children, including Francesca Paola, to my tree. I found Francesca Paola Agliata's birth record on microfilm, too. Since these people are now in my gigantic Ribera tree (10,000 people and counting), that means I have connected you to everyone else who has posted on this board with an ancestor from Ribera (a dozen or so people). Send me a PM if you'd like access to the tree on Ancestry.
auntfeffie13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by auntfeffie13 »

I sent you a pm, carubia.