Looking for Marcheli, Fiorelli or Notartomaso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
C.Notartomaso

Looking for Marcheli, Fiorelli or Notartomaso

Post by C.Notartomaso »

Hello, I am planning a trip to Italy next fall. I would like to find my relatives. Does anyone have any information about any of these sur names? Thank you, CN
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking for Marcheli, Fiorelli or Notartomaso

Post by VaDeb »

In order to find relatives, you need to identfy the town your family was from. Do you have this information?
C.Notartomaso

Post by C.Notartomaso »

no not really- I believe my grandmother's father Marcheli was a mayor in her village, outside of Rome. I found an old address Castelliri, Italy 03030
Marco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Marco »

The surname is more likely to be MARCELLI. The town is Castelliri, province of Frosinone, some 100 km se of Rome.
Here is the town web site.

Surnames Marcelli and Fiorelli are quite common both in the area and in Italy. Notartomaso is very rare, most of the occurrences are in the province of Campobasso, which is not far from Frosinone.
Hope this helps, good luck!
Marco
Chi fûr li maggior tui?
C.Notartomaso

Post by C.Notartomaso »

Thanks so much- this is very helpful! My dad's side was Calabras (sp) and Arbrucci- Can you tell I need to work on my Italian too beore I head out on this kind of trip!?!?!? Thanks Again, Cheryl
Marco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Marco »

Arbucci has scattered occurrences in Puglia and Campania.
Can you tell I need to work on my Italian too beore I head out on this kind of trip!?!?!?
hmm ... well knowing the language helps :wink:
Today English is much better known than in the past. The younger the people and the larger the cities the better they speak/understand English.
You might have problems with old guys in small villages ... but sometimes I have that problem myself! 8O
Good luck!
Marco
Chi fûr li maggior tui?
C.Notartomaso

Post by C.Notartomaso »

Well, you know us Italians never have a problem getting our points across! Where there is a will there is a way. I understand it much more than I speak it. Years of high school Italian better pay off. Cherie