Looking for info on Prato

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bobbi1261

Re: Looking for info on Prato

Post by bobbi1261 »

[quote="nuccia"]
We're a team here - when we work together we can accomplish much! :)

Becki - wow! What a story. I would love to see that newspaper article! Now, if I am not mistaken, the two sons had slightly different first names. Enrico Giuseppe and Errico Felice
I'm attaching the news articles about the murder. Hopefully this will work
bobbi1261

Post by bobbi1261 »

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

It doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps you can email me the article and I can link it for you?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Donna thanks for the info. I got your message as well. :)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
bobbi1261

Post by bobbi1261 »

nuccia wrote:It doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps you can email me the article and I can link it for you?
Nuccia,
I sent the articles to you e-mail. I have to figure out how to download files or images here. Computers are not my strong suit
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Bobbi - it's not working so I am going to post the links to the articles for you - as you can see I did get your email. Thanks!

Daily News July 13th 1917 - Page 1

Daily News July 13th 1917 - Page 2

Daily News Aug 1 1917
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
AnthonyPratoIII

Post by AnthonyPratoIII »

My name is Anthony James Prato III the Anthony you listed in the children is my grandfather. My great uncle Nick and Great aunt Camille were also listed, Anthony and Nick lived and died in Essex, MD. Camille lived out her life in DC. Let me know if you know this information I have info on Anthony's children, grand-children or great grand children.
duke159

Post by duke159 »

My name is John Adam Way son of Marilyn Wooten daughter of Mary Rose Prato daughter (siblings Carmela (deceased) Fred (deceased) Francis, Angeline Joesephine deceased, James (might have been Henry James). My great grandparents were Enrico Felice Prato and Maria rosa Chiricosta.

I am down here visiting Grandma in Florida and we decided to look some of this up and very suprised to see story about Enrico G. Prato and family. There was a suspriscious drowning of a family member back then down here.

We were told growing up that the house in PA was too crowded so they flipped a coin to see who kept the home and who had to move. I am not sure if this is true. This is a highly interesting story and one that is tragic. I hope I don't have the jealous gene but the Italian genes run very strong in our family.

I would love to discover more or provide more information on this side of the family.

Sincerely, John Adam Aaron Way IV. (Not Italian name but when I was born my Gid mother Aunt Carmel said to my dad "sorry john...he's one of us!")
bobbi1261

Post by bobbi1261 »

Hi John, I was so glad to see your post. I intended to reply earlier but have been very busy. From what you said above it would appear that we are 3rd cousins. My Great Grandfather Enrico Giuseppe (Henry Joseph) and your Great Grandfather were brothers. My Grandfather Nicholas James Prato was Enrico's youngest son and my father is Nicholas' oldest child. I would love to be able to exchange info with you and will send you a private message on here with more details. Bobbi Prato
duke159

Post by duke159 »

Hey cousin,

I was at my grandma, your aunt, Mary (Prato) Wooten down in Florida at her bedside at the nursing facility. She was so surprised to here all of this as was I.

I am new to this site as I looked at it one time on my iPhone next to my mom and grandma. This information was surprisingly easy to find and I am wondering why no one from one side knew about the other? Conspiracies abound!!!

My point being...how can I share information with you privately as you say? I would absolutely love to!!!

I am dizzy at the amount of information provided and processing it leaves me with so many questions pointed in the same degree of direction. Let's do some informal cuz to cuz information investigation. I want to let my family know of more of our family. BTW...not sure if I mentioned this but my great Aunt Carmel was my mother' sand my God Mother. My family says I look like Uncle Fred. Aunt Francis is still with us. I have pictures with great grandpa Prato when I was 14...42 now.

There is so much more information and pictures and stories we were told that I would exhaust your attention span, if I haven't already.

I made sure I will be notified by email at any responses.

Thanks for getting back Bobbi!!!

Family call me Adam.

Sincerely

Adam
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Just an update - I have added more records from Ardore to my site and have been charting the Chiricosta's, Andriano's and Prato's - hopefully I can add to your info. Oh and as a side - the Chiricostas have lived in Ardore since before civil records began. SO far they all seem to stem from Pasquale CHIRICOSTA and Elisabetta CHIRICOSTA [cousin's perhaps?] I will post a link to the families I have found once I get a decent amount of info -
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database