Can someone help me translate this Liste di Leva?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Josie07M11
Veteran
Veteran

Can someone help me translate this Liste di Leva?

Post by Josie07M11 »

Hi everyone,

Today I received this liste di leva for my great-grandfather Francesco Rapisarda. I have been able to translate everything but a couple of things.

On the second page, in italian what does it say under the column "Indicazioni per gli inscritti delle classi anteriori"?

On the third page what is the word describing the "forma" of his hair? I'd love to know what it is in Italian so that I can learn for next time. Also what does it say under the column "Situazione dello inscrito"?

Thank you so much for any help. I hope that was not too many questions. I struggled for a long time to read what everything else said but managed it!

Josie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Re: Can someone help me translate this Liste di Leva?

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

Josie07M11 wrote:Hi everyone,

Today I received this liste di leva for my great-grandfather Francesco Rapisarda. I have been able to translate everything but a couple of things.

On the second page, in italian what does it say under the column "Indicazioni per gli inscritti delle classi anteriori"?

Per deficienza toracica 0.79 art. 7 [...] = For thoracic insufficiency 0.79 article 7 [...]

On the third page what is the word describing the "forma" of his hair? I'd love to know what it is in Italian so that I can learn for next time.

"Forma" means "hair form". The word describing the form is "ondati" (see ondulati) = wavy

Also what does it say under the column "Situazione dello inscrito"?

25° Fanteria 36879 = 25th Infantry, [roll list] 36897

Thank you so much for any help. I hope that was not too many questions. I struggled for a long time to read what everything else said but managed it!

Josie
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
Josie07M11
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Josie07M11 »

Thanks Marcello! This was very helpful.
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

You are welcome :)
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/