Looking for my family roots, Surname is Benvenuti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
inter

Looking for my family roots, Surname is Benvenuti

Post by inter »

Hi ,

first post in this forum, I am looking for my family Roots . Surnames in question are Benvenuti & Fusi. ( Father and Mther Surnames).

I am trying to get my head around this web site and I am struggling to understand it's functions. Is it an information web site or can you actiually search Italian government record for documents???? sorry to sound dumb?

Regards

R
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for my family roots, Surname is Benvenuti

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website This site helps people find their Italian family ancestry there are volunteers that are very good at researching Italian records that are available through various websites and where to find the info you seek to help you in your quest

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
inter

Post by inter »

Thank you for this Marty,
how do I get in contact with these "Volunteers"?
I really looking forward to getting involved in this venture.

Regards

Riccardo
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

inter wrote:Thank you for this Marty,
how do I get in contact with these "Volunteers"?
I really looking forward to getting involved in this venture.

Regards

Riccardo
Hi Riccardo

Great!

Just write down as much information as you have about your ancestors, working backwards - Christian Names, Surnames, Dates - even approximate - birth dates, immigration dates etc and especially the town in Italy that your family originated from and one of the volunteers would be happy to help you. (Marty is one of the volunteers.)

Angela
inter

Post by inter »

Thank you , I will do that
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are welcome. The name of the town is very important especially as both surnames Benvenuti and Fusi appear throughout Italy and mostly mid to north.

If you go up to "Search" (next to Log-in top right here on forum) and type in Fusi, you will find there are previous threads with the name Fusi contained in them. You might find this of interest. The name Benvenuti has also appeared on a couple of threads but it looks like most of one of the threads is in Italian - you may not be able to read this.

Angela
inter

Post by inter »

Ok, Finnaly I have as much facts together, Firstly my mother side ( Fusi)
My Grandparent where Giuseppe Fusi born 21st of January 1904 ( Ferrara, Emiglia Romagna) and Terzina Musacci born 13th od February 1899 ( Ferrara, Emiglia Romagna).
the only other information I have is that Grand Grand parent where ( Umberto Fusi married to Adele Tani)
Hope this helps
inter

Post by inter »

Hi there,
I have not heard anything since my last post and being new to this is, how can I assist any volunteers that are helping.
Can I assist them, is there something else I should do?

Regards Inter
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Records for the Comune of Ferrara (and Province of Emilia-Romagna) are currently not online.

However, you can write directly to the Comune (town) of Ferrara to request the birth record of your ancestor.
Follow the guidelines at this site - which includes information on what to ask for, and a sample letter of request.

http://www.daddezio.com/genealogy/itali ... OV-FE.html

T.
jecullen3
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jecullen3 »

One of the reasons you want to get the birth record of your ancestors is that it most often gives you information about other members of the family. For example, my great-grandfather's birth certificate listed both of his parents' names, ages, where they lived, etc. So it is a good idea to order the record if you're able, because it will bring you further in your research.

There are also researchers who can help you, but obviously charge a fee. It is too bad that none of your town's records are online, but don't lose hope. You may come in contact with someone in this forum who can help you - but it might take some time. Best of luck.

Mary
inter

Post by inter »

Thank you all
inter

Post by inter »

Tessa78 wrote:Records for the Comune of Ferrara (and Province of Emilia-Romagna) are currently not online.

However, you can write directly to the Comune (town) of Ferrara to request the birth record of your ancestor.
Follow the guidelines at this site - which includes information on what to ask for, and a sample letter of request.

http://www.daddezio.com/genealogy/itali ... OV-FE.html

T.
Hi all, I have written to the commune di Ferrara regarding possible birth certificate and have enclosed $100 Us dollars,

they have responed after 3 months saying that they will require $500 US per search......That is quite expensive I think. :(

What should I do?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

There is no charge for civil records requested from the comune.

T.
inter

Post by inter »

Tessa78 wrote:There is no charge for civil records requested from the comune.

T.
Ok why would the ask for $?
also is it better via email or Mail

thank you in advance
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

My thoughts...

You sent $100. There is a good chance that your letter may NOT have reached the official in the comune office.

On this website for the Comune of Ferrara you will find an email link.

You probably should send an email and ask if they actually received your letter of request.
Explain that you received a request for funds and see what they say....

http://www.comuni-italiani.it/038/008/

T.