Looking for Ingordo...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bklynny

Looking for Ingordo...

Post by bklynny »

we believe that this family came from Naples, although we are not entirely sure. The Ingordo's then moved to Brooklyn, NY which is where we mostly are to this day. If you know anything about this name your information would help. Thank You
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Ingordo...

Post by mfjp »

bklynny wrote:we believe that this family came from Naples, although we are not entirely sure. The Ingordo's then moved to Brooklyn, NY which is where we mostly are to this day. If you know anything about this name your information would help. Thank You
"Ingordo" .... is that the correct spelling? Was it changed at one point? If you can provide further info... it would really help... year of birth, given names, spouse... children...

If the "Ingordo's" are your ancestors, what records have you researched from so far?

mfjp
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Mfjp....
The name is spelled correctly, per the naturalization record which follows below:

SURNAME: Ingordo
First Name: Mario
Dec Vol: 279
Dec Page: 466
Year: 1922
Soundex: I526

New York death index:

Surname Given Name Age Month Day Year Certificate
Number County Soundex
Ingordo Maria G 11 y Jun 12 1923 12206 Kings I526
Ingordo Mario 8 y Jul 14 1930 14715 Kings I526

wldspirit
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Mfjp....
The name is spelled correctly, per the naturalization record which follows below:

SURNAME: Ingordo
First Name: Mario
Hi wldspirit, :P

So are we to assume that all names on naturalization records are correct??

My original question to the poster was...
"Ingordo" .... is that the correct spelling? Was it changed at one point?
I checked the Ellis Island database and not one Ingordo showed up... and of course, surnames where changed at one point after immigration...

mfjp
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Long day........ :oops: .......pulled a 12 to 12 shift
Was not thinking of Italy but the record in US.......
Lisa
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

On a census search I only pulled up one Ingordo, first name Mario,
listed immigration of 1905, married to Annie?? for three years, son John age 2, She list her immigration in 1898.....
doesn't mean there aren't more.......but the name could be mispelled.......
and I only checked for state of New York..........
wldspirit
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hi Lisa,

I did an ellis "sounds like" Ingordo search and only got one hit for a Mario... but this Mario may be much too old... and may not be the one on the census you found... the sounds like name was Incardona.

1 Incardona,Mario Pietraperzia 1906 58 1848  view  view  view  view  view 102200160307

http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... &dwpdone=1

And by the way, your census searches are fantastic! Since Ancestry. com changed their look and updated their data base... viewing is another nightmare on my end... I'm going to hit the hay (it's 2:45am... but love the evenings-mornings as you do!!)

You take care, wldspirit,
maria
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Guess I could of mentioned the ages....... :?
Mario is 32, wife is 21........

Checked the name thru Libero....and got the following result.....
"Le Occorrenze totali di ingordo sono: 8 "
http://elenco.libero.it/elenco/regioni. ... ordo&nome=
shows distribution on the map......
wldspirit
bklynny

Post by bklynny »

Ingordo is the only spelling that my family has known. Of course it is always a possibility that it was changed at Ellis Island. I do not know why no Ingordo's show up when you search Ellis Island records. I believe that both of my great grandparents came through ellis island, I am unsure of the year though. My great-grandfather was Mario Ingordo and he was married to Annunziata Ingordo(I do not know her maiden name). They had 9 children, but according to the death index that wldspirit pulled up there might have been two more??? I asked my mom about Mario and Maria G and she has no idea who they are. They also died at a young age( 8 and 11). My grandfather was Vincent Ingordo, but he signed everything as James and this is the name that usually comes up when you search him. He moved to Nevada and is buried there. He was born on January 19,1922 and died November 14, 2002. Any info that you can pull up would be great. I hope this helps, please tell me if you need any more info. Thanks
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

1930 Census record to start...

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8011/ingo19300oa.jpg

Mario Ingordo married to Annunziata
Name: Vincent Ingordo
Estimated birth year: abt 1924
Relation to head-of-house: Son
Father's Name: Mario Ingordo
Mother's Name: Annunziato Ingordo
Home in 1930: Brooklyn, Kings, New York

mfjp
bklynny

Post by bklynny »

mfjp-
Thank you so much. Yes, this is my family! It is so nice to see that. Where did you go to get a document like that? The only thing I am confused about is who is mario and maria G? According ti the death index that wldspirit pulled mario dies at age 8 in 1039. could this possibly be the Mario that is listed in the document that you just found. if so , he would die later on that year, because he was 8 at the time of that census. But that still leaves Maria G, who died when she was 11 in 1923. She could of been born in between the first two children, so I guess that is why she wasn't listed on this census. I would also like to find Mario and Annuziato's marriage certificate so I can find her maiden name. Where would I begin my search?
bklynny

Post by bklynny »

mfjp wrote:Hi Lisa,

I did an ellis "sounds like" Ingordo search and only got one hit for a Mario... but this Mario may be much too old... and may not be the one on the census you found... the sounds like name was Incardona.

1 Incardona,Mario Pietraperzia 1906 58 1848  view  view  view  view  view 102200160307

http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... &dwpdone=1

And by the way, your census searches are fantastic! Since Ancestry. com changed their look and updated their data base... viewing is another nightmare on my end... I'm going to hit the hay (it's 2:45am... but love the evenings-mornings as you do!!)

You take care, wldspirit,
maria
Lisa, I think thsi man was too old to be my great-gradfather. He did come over to America in 1906 but her was only 27 years old. I would love to find out what specific part of Italy my great-grandfather did come from though.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hi,
Lisa, I think thsi man was too old to be my great-gradfather. He did come over to America in 1906 but her was only 27 years old.
I (mfjp) posted that info... knowing that this was not your Great Grandfather... it was just an example of a result that I got when I did a "sounds like" search of the surname Ingordo at a website. Incardona was the "sounds like" result.

Will research further later this evening... :P Off to a College reunion....

Maria
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

1910 census image........

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2169/dvimage8ue.png

wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Great search mfjp and wldspirit...!! I see that in 1910 census the Mario immigration year is 1905, and in 1930 census is the 1906... and in 1920 census again immigrated in 1905 or 1900, no most good writing...
Name: Mario Ingowdo
[Mario Ingoordo]
Estimated birth year: abt 1879
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Brooklyn Assembly District 1, Kings, New York
Home owned: Rent
Sex: Male
Marital status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Year of immigration: 1900
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 678

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6291 ... 9208qq.jpg

about the surname... could be INGARDIA italian spelling?
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH