Tallarida Family of Calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ulr_anna

Tallarida Family of Calabria

Post by ulr_anna »

Hello,

Are there any researchers looking for family with the last name Tallarida? My husband's great grandfather was named Giovanni Tallarida. Apparently he had a wife and children in Italy when he came to America... He also had a wife in America, Antonina Leo. I have been trying to connect with the Tallarida family members that I have found via Ancestry.com, but they do not appear to be related. I unfortunately do no know the names of Giovanni's parents. We do know that the half siblings of my husband's grandmother continued to operate a family farm in southern Italy. In the 1990's Antonina visited Giovanni's other family.
Giovanni traveled between the US and Italy multiple times. For a fairly brief period he worked at a show factory in Braintree MA, while living with Salvatore Leo. I found a ship manifest that indicated a Giovanni Tallarida (of the same age) traveled via the Franconia, arriving in Boston in 1914. On the manifest it listed that he was married, and it looks like the name of the wife was Giovannia Tallarida. The location of home was listed as Gerace. He appeared to be traveling with a Pietro Sorbara.

Thank you,
Anna
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Tallarida Family of Calabria

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Heres his WW2 registration card says he was born 1881 in Gerace Italy

CLICK ON IMAGE
2wwii_1148671-2619.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Since the records of Gerace are limited online I would either write or get the film records from Family History Library Registri dello stato civile di Gerace (Reggio di Calabria), 1809-1910 Births, marriages, and deaths from the civil registration of Gerace, Reggio di Calabria, Italy. Includes annual indexes and get Giovanni Tallarida birth record and get his parents names

Ordering Films from Family History Library
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center

About Italian Civil records
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records

Films of Gerace from Family History Library
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You could also try writing or email for Giovanni Tallarida birth record try email first if no response in 30 days send a letter request no money self address return envelope no stamp
email: amm.gerace@libero.it

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Gerace
Via di Sottoprefettura 1
89040 Gerace (RC)
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Giovanni Tallarida nato Gerace

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Gerace. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome :Giovanni Tallarida
Luogo di nascita: Gerace
Data di nascita: 1880-1883
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty

Marty
Cathy Lehman

Post by Cathy Lehman »

My fathers name was Giovanni Tallarida from Santa Cristina in Southern Italy.
ulr_anna

Post by ulr_anna »

Hello Cathy,

Do you know what year your father was born? Giovanni was a pretty common given name with the Tallarida family. Generation after generation... Do you know what your grandfather's name was?

Thanks,
Anna