Giovanni Faldetta - Comitini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lucita13

Giovanni Faldetta - Comitini

Post by lucita13 »

Hello,
I am new to the forum. I am researching a friend of mine's family. She is ill and I want to cheer her up. So far I have found that her great grandfather is Giovanni Faldetta, born 01 Feb - 1883 or 1886 in Comitini. He emigrated to NYC in about 1924. He married in New York in 1926 to a woman named Filomena Scime (sp) who was born in Alessandria on 08 Jun 1891. I would like to find the parents of Giovanni Faldetta and confirm his birth.
Is there someone who has access to the birth or baptism records for Comitini? I would really appreciate any help.
Regards,
Lucy Flynn
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Giovanni Faldetta - Comitini

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website I think your birthday is off
INDEX#71
1886 June 17th in the town of Comitini birth of Giovanni Faldetta son of Giovanni Faldetta age 30 sulfur miner and Girolama Terrana age 24 midwife
Married before to Giovanna Terrana 1909 July 6th in Comitini
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
31600_208243-01658 (1).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If that birth record is right here is the marriage record of Giovanni Faldetta and Girolama Terrana his parents
INDEX#9
1877 no day on record in the town of Comitini marriage of Giovanni Faldetta age 27 born in Comitini sulfurminer son of deceased Giovanni Faldetta and Carmela Baldi married Girolama Terrana age 16 born in Comitini seamstress daughter of Pietro Terrana and Santa Barberi
31600_208244-00912.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Heres the U.S. Naturalization Records - Original Documents, 1790-1974 for Giovanni Faldetta born 1886 in Comitini says he was married before
31301_168547-00373.jpg
Marty

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Great find Marty! :D
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Thank you Suanj
Here is the marriage publication of Giovanni Faldetta and Giovanna Terrana
INDEX#3
1909 June 1st in the town of Comitini they posted banns to be married Giovanni Faldetta a minor born in Comitini residing in Partanna son of Giovanni Faldetta and deceased Girolama Terrana and Giovanna Terrana minor born in Comitini residing in Partanna daughter of Giuseppe Terrana and Giuseppa Nobile
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
31600_208244-00776 (2).jpg
Marty

Marty