LOCATING PARISH IN PALERMO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

LOCATING PARISH IN PALERMO

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

MY ANCESTOR,FRANCESCO LANDINO,WAS BORN IN PALERMO IN 1851.I HAVE THE BIRTH RECORD FROM THE CIVIL RECORDS OFFICE.BUT I NEED HIS BAPTISMAL RECORD AS WELL-HOPEFULLY TO FIND POSSIBLE INFORMATION AS TO WHEN AND WHERE HE DIED.AS THERE ARE MANY PARISHES IN PALERMO,HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT PARISH OF HIS BAPTISM?HIS PARENTS,SALVATORE AND ROSALIA MANCUSO,WERE MARRIED IN SANTA OLIVA(A DISTRICT OF PALERMO)IN 1839.I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PARISH EXISTED IN THIS PART OF PALERMO IN 1839-OR IF THE PARENTS EVEN STILL LIVED THERE 12 YEARS LATER,IN 1851,WHEN THEIR SON WAS BORN.ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO PROCEED WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: LOCATING PARISH IN PALERMO

Post by adelfio »

Does it show it show a church name on the right side of the birth act? How about a birth address?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

nothing other than the parents names.no parish noted.if there were a parish i might have been able to proceed.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Can you post the birth act?

MArty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

how do i post it to the site?can send it to you as an email attachment.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Check your private messages

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

How about trying to get the SALVATORE AND ROSALIA MANCUSO Allegati matrimoniali SEZIONE SANT'OLIVA Allegati matrimoniali 1839 to find out if the church is listed in the allegati records. The only problem is there is a couple films for 1839 if you have the day and month I would email Family History Library and ask if they could see what film is the correct one with the names and date

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Allegati matrimoniali 1838-1839 Film #1897646
Allegati matrimoniali 1839 Film #1897647
Allegati matrimoniali 1839 Film # 1897738
Allegati matrimoniali 1839-1840 #1897739

Marty

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

just sent you the marriage of salvatore landino and rosalia mancuso(francesco's parents).i'll check with lds-but palermo is difficult to search.so many parishes.thanks marty.i'll see if photoduplication can check these films,as they havent been digitized(they'll check requests of films that haven't been digitized).
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Check your pm

Marty

Marty
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

In the right side of the 1820-1865 acts of birth, you can read the date of the baptism and the name of the parish Church in which the child was baptized. Anyway, during my researches I have found children born in the Sant'Oliva section who were baptized in the churches Santa Margherita, Sant'Antonio Abate, San Giacomo la Marina and San Giovanni dei Tartari...
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

Francesco Landino, son of Salvatore and Rosa Mancuso, was born in Palermo on 12 oct 1851 (section Sant'Agata, vol. 658 n. 996).
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MARCELLO!!!!!!